First (very small) NSV

Options
rosemiller11
rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
So this is my first NSV, and since i've only been on MFP for about a week, I am pretty happy. I know this might sound small to some people, or even stupid, but here goes! I actually get hungry now! Regularly, not just every now and then. I am hungry at every mealtime, and I wake up hungry as well. Do you realize how long it's been since I actually felt hungry when I ate, and din't just eat cuz it was time? Small, I know. But big to me.:smile:

Replies

• LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean...I always say to myself this is what hungry feels like. Keep up the good work!!!
  • tkimbre2
    tkimbre2 Posts: 63
    Options
    So this is my first NSV, and since i've only been on MFP for about a week, I am pretty happy. I know this might sound small to some people, or even stupid, but here goes! I actually get hungry now! Regularly, not just every now and then. I am hungry at every mealtime, and I wake up hungry as well. Do you realize how long it's been since I actually felt hungry when I ate, and din't just eat cuz it was time? Small, I know. But big to me.:smile:

I know whatcha mean! I always seemed to eat because it wasTIME to eat, not because I was hungry. I still catch myself doing that every now and then, but I'm getting control over it! Congrats!
  • lins_crafters
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. It seems like I was almost afraid of hunger before because I always made sure I ate long before hunger struck. My dad used to always say "Heavy people eat when they have time, thin people eat when they are hungry." It wasnt until a few weeks ago that I fully understood what he was saying.
  • rosemiller11
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. It seems like I was almost afraid of hunger before because I always made sure I ate long before hunger struck. My dad used to always say "Heavy people eat when they have time, thin people eat when they are hungry." It wasnt until a few weeks ago that I fully understood what he was saying.

I never heard that saying before... but it is true!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    That is not small at all. I had the same thing. I was a grazer... everytime I went in the Kitchen I would eat.... where did that go even more horribly wrong? I have a home office and had set up a temp office in the kitchen because it was easier working on 1st floor than 3rd (kids/house work/cooking etc). When you are ALWAYS in the kitchen you just have to eat!

I started making my lunch and snacks the night before (as if I working in an outside office) and would only eat those.

I noticed right away that hunger feeling ... it was nice because I knew that meant I wasn't always putting food in my body!
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    OK, I have to ask WTH does NSV stand for?
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    hey, don't poopoo the signifcance of your nsv, if anything, each one is significant to the person experiencing it! :-) congrats!
  • rosemiller11
    Options
    OK, I have to ask WTH does NSV stand for?

Everbody has this question to begin with... :) Non Scale Victory.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Thanks =)
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I used to get hungry every meal, but 4 years ago, I started emotional eating, and so I rarely have been truly hungry since. Its such a good feelingto get hungry - I think cause then you know you are justified in eating - instead of the lingering, nagging guilt about eating when you know you aren't really hungry! (I think I just confused myself,lol!) :bigsmile:
  • rosemiller11
    Options
    Really Kay? I never would have guessed it of you...
  • Emismom77
    Emismom77 Posts: 56
    Options
    Congrats!!! I used to think I could never eat 5 or 6 times in one day... but I kept reading that's how you speed up your metabolism... so I've been trying it. I noticed the other day that my rings are looser on my hands now... so that's a start! Congrats & KEEP GOING!! BTW... no NSV is stupid. If it means something to you then celebrate it! :bigsmile:
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I hate feeling hungry I think that's how I got so out of control with my weight lol I would eat anytime I felt a little hungry and now I'm learning to deal with it and only eat when I really need to its ok to be a little hungry :) That's a great accomplishment though for you! Keep up the good work!!
  • inatay7
    inatay7 Posts: 141
    Options
    Ah may zing

I know exactly what you mean, well done x a million

You are amazing!
  • lanie25
    lanie25 Posts: 42
    Options
    Congrats! You are doing great! It is a big deal to realize you are hungry and NEED to eat, rather than WANT to eat! Continued success!
  • cabassi
    cabassi Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm having this same experience. And I've noticed that food tastes better, and the act of eating is a lot more satisfying. I'm really appreciating food a lot more now.
  • aranchmom
    aranchmom Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    that I confused myself? or that I haven't felt hungry for several years? lol!:laugh:
  • rosemiller11
    Options
    that I confused myself? or that I haven't felt hungry for several years? lol!:laugh:
    That you habven't felt hungry for several years. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!