Quick Question

Options
Ever since I started working out and losing weight...I have been so cold. I have been keeping my house at 74 degrees which is up from 66 degrees last winter...and I've been needing to wear long sleeves everyday and that never happens...am I doing something wrong? How can I stay warmer?
Thanks.

Replies

• mspiggie9
    Options
    Ever since I started working out and losing weight...I have been so cold. I have been keeping my house at 74 degrees which is up from 66 degrees last winter...and I've been needing to wear long sleeves everyday and that never happens...am I doing something wrong? How can I stay warmer?
    Thanks.
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Could you possibly have a low iron level? If you are anemic, your exercise and diet could be affecting it....might be worth getting checked by a doc. (S)he could diagnose it and prescribe iron supplements to help. GL
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Always check with the doctor but I think that losing the extra pounds helps your body to regulate temperatures better. I have noticed the same thing as my weight has dropped. I can wear a suit jacket all day without sweating, my office seems colder etc etc. Even my car heat seems to take longer to kick in.

Oh well at least I no longer am the one who is yelling for the heat to be turned down in meetings. That was one of the things that would make me feel fat.