Does anybody else hate...

Options
Those damn banner ads? I know that is how this site gets paid for, and usually I can just blithely ignore them, and go merrily on my way. But that friggin :grumble: damn :noway: kimkins banner ad just really makes me see red! :explode: And I don't really know why? :ohwell: I think it's the pic of the girl, on the right end, with her head cocked like a springer spaniel, and those beagle eyes of hers?! :sick: I just want to slap her till Sunday, and say"Get a friggin grip, you lying do#chebag! Quit lying to us all, and just do the MFP thing, and it will be for real!
So, any of you have some ads that really bother ya?:mad: :angry: :explode:

Replies

• jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Those damn banner ads? I know that is how this site gets paid for, and usually I can just blithely ignore them, and go merrily on my way. But that friggin :grumble: damn :noway: kimkins banner ad just really makes me see red! :explode: And I don't really know why? :ohwell: I think it's the pic of the girl, on the right end, with her head cocked like a springer spaniel, and those beagle eyes of hers?! :sick: I just want to slap her till Sunday, and say"Get a friggin grip, you lying do#chebag! Quit lying to us all, and just do the MFP thing, and it will be for real!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You just crack me up!!! I'm sorry, maybe you're serious but reading your post just cracked me up.
  • johnsscarlett
    johnsscarlett Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    What adds? :huh: I guess I never pay attention to them. Seriously I never noticed. I'm going to make a point of looking. I'm really bad about advertising. When I watch tv my husband always gets annoyed with me because I will be looking at the tv but have no clue as to the ad that was on.

I think I'm an advertisers worst nightmare:blushing:
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Damn. :flowerforyou:

LOL.
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    :laugh: Good to hear that the beautiful wimmens in here don't pay attention to that s#!t. I just get tired of seeing those b#77sh!t ads is all.... :mad:
    It's like when I go to the club and workout, I simply can't stand to see he infomercial for the *whatever* body shapers! :angry: They mainly use a model that clearly has NO need for a body shaper garment, and also tell you that you don't need to eat right, nor exercise. :explode: I just get tired of all the media lies, and the outright mangling of supposed information, just to sell a product. :grumble: OK, rant off...
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I use firefox and someone referred me to an add on called no script I dont see any ads unless I allow them.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722
    it shows up on the bottom right of your screen and if you are having problems viewing a webpages script you can view what is blocking and allow only the scripts you want to see.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Actually there are a couple ads that come up on hotmail when I check my e-mail that I can't stand. It's the stop, stare, flirt ads. There are two different ones and I just can't stand those stupid, fake bimbos. UGH!! Give me a break! :tongue:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I use Firefox and the "Ad Block Plus" add-on, so I don't even see the ads anymore. What a blessing! I almost wish Mike had a PayPal account or something for donations - I'd be happy to send one to help him defray costs, but I just hate seeing ads. I love MFP!
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options

The founder of the Kimkins diet is being sued for fraud! Kimmer, it's creator, claimed to have lost 200 pounds in less than a year. This is who she claimed she was:
    fake.jpg

But this is who she really is :noway: :
    heidi_diaz.jpg

Turns out that all of the success stories on her website were made up using pictures of women from a Russian bride website! :noway:

Read more about this shocking story here: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/populardietplans/a/kimkinsdiet.htm
  • fit_amy
    Options
    I also hate the ads!! The latest one I hate is not related to fitness though. It is on my Yahoo page all the time--this creepy sketch in green pencil of a person with messed up teeth and it says something about the person's future. I think it's for a college or something--who knows! I'm too creeped out by it to even see what they are trying to sell!! I also use Firefox and just downloaded both plugins mentioned in this thread! Hopefully I'll never see the ads again! Thanks for the info!
  • mommyagain
    Options
    **(about the kimkins lady)**To me, people like that are so disgusting! :mad: I think it so ridiculous when people try and make millions off of people's trials.:indifferent: They know over weight people are willing to try anything to help themselves and they just take advantage of that. It's sad...:sad:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Mike has said before if there is an ad that is particularly annoying to please let him know and he will try to get it from appearing again. He doesn't place the ads on here himself but gets money from a company who places ads on here. That is how he pays for the site--but he can ask for an ad to not reappear he said, so let him know.

Also, Mike said that if you use an Ad-blocker or something like that, that it decreases what amount he gets paid, and as his revenue for the ads does even still cover the cost of what this site costs him, he's asked us to try not to use them. I have it that Firefox extension, too, and love it-but I deactivated it for this site and just completely ignore the ads instead, so as not to deduct from Mike's ad revenues.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I use firefox and someone referred me to an add on called no script I dont see any ads unless I allow them.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/722
    it shows up on the bottom right of your screen and if you are having problems viewing a webpages script you can view what is blocking and allow only the scripts you want to see.

But, those ads are how the site stays free. I've disabled my adblocker for this site. I don't click on any of the ads, and I'm with you on the Kimkins thing. . .but Mike gets his operating costs for the site from the ads. If you block those ads, he loses revenue.

Just saying.

:tongue: or, I could have just said. . ."what shorerider said."
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    you know :indifferent: i've just spent 10 minutes clicking on every tab conceivable on this site to find that ad you're talking about... do you think i found it:angry:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I think they're regional ads. So, we might have that one in North America, but it wouldn't show up in Aus.

:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hey...what is wrong with you guys??

That poor girl just needs a sammich! Someone feed her please!!

She has a tape measure around her 22 inch waist, someone has led her astray!!

00020166.gif

EAT A SANDWICH!!!!!
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    Hey...what is wrong with you guys??

That poor girl just needs a sammich! Someone feed her please!!

She has a tape measure around her 22 inch waist, someone has led her astray!!

00020166.gif

EAT A SANDWICH!!!!!

I'll give her a hot, steamin' beefcake with plenty o' gravy?! :laugh: :wink: You crack me up derling. :bigsmile: And SR, didn't know that Mike gets paid less if we don't see the ads, but I guess it stands to reason. I abso luv MFP, so will put up with the ads (just hope that one gets rotated out to another site soon is all). :drinker:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    My opinion on Kimmer. She should be charged with criminal fraud. And as for the people who bought into it, not sure that they weren't criminally stupid. But, that's my opinion of the majority of the diet industry. We know it a fraud.......BUT WE STILL BUY IT and that's our own fault. Anyone with an ounce of common sense would not believe even half of what all those ads claim. However, despite the fact that I'm not stupid, I have to admit, even when I know it's baloney, I'll still click on an ad every now and then, hoping that someone has come up with an easy solution. There are just so many myths and misinformation out there. Let them post whatever ads they want, it a free society, just remember "buyer beware".
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    My opinion on Kimmer. She should be charged with criminal fraud. And as for the people who bought into it, not sure that they weren't criminally stupid. But, that's my opinion of the majority of the diet industry. We know it a fraud.......BUT WE STILL BUY IT and that's our own fault. Anyone with an ounce of common sense would not believe even half of what all those ads claim. However, despite the fact that I'm not stupid, I have to admit, even when I know it's baloney, I'll still click on an ad every now and then, hoping that someone has come up with an easy solution. There are just so many myths and misinformation out there. Let them post whatever ads they want, it a free society, just remember "buyer beware".

Ok, there's a WHOLE lot more to it than that. Don't go judging people before knowing the whole story...
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    The ONLY banner ad I've ever seen and remembered is the Nike shoe running guy ad. Or maybe it's New Balance. I'll bet it's New Balance.

Somebody commented earlier that they were a marketer's worst advertising nightmare. Well me too!! I guess that advertising curse is my own personal blessing. I can ignore the ads with ease! :bigsmile: