BEFORE AND AFTER - how diiiiddd you do it?!?

Options

Replies

• CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    90 pounds and 73+ inches in 9 months -

Eat nutritious, well-balanced meals and snacks (including the dreaded "carb," which isn't so bad as long as you choose healthy versions like whole grains and fresh fruits), drink LOTS of water, and move your body.

That's what I've done. No magic pill, no crazy diet, just practice a sensible, healthy, active lifestyle.
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I decided in 01/2010 to lose weight due to different health problems. I had my well women and my results was awful. My blood work was abnormal, cholesterol was high, iron was low (anemia). I left the doctor office with a prescripion for high blood pressure and iron pills. While I was driving I was thinking I am 39 years old and turn 40 years old next year. Well ton of bricks hit me hard my mother had open heart surgery at 40 years old. I asked myself DO YOU WANT THAT OR DO YOU WANT TO DIE EARLY. I decide I wanted to live and be healthy. I lost 66 pounds in 1 and 1/2 years. I started out weighing 242 pounds with 35% body fats and now currently weighting in at 176 pounds with 28% body fat. I was wearing a size 18-20 in pants and a xl-2xl in shirts. I am currentl wearing 8-10 in pants and medium-large in shirts. My last check up with my doctor was great. I don't need to take any other medicine beside the blood pressure medicine which is a low dose. I love being healthy and enjoy the weight loss even more. My journey has encourage my husband to lose weight. my hubby lost 70 pounds. he started out weight at 272 pounds and now weighing in at 189 pounds. He is not as deidicated as me but he working on it. Heres is by pics.

051411024435_wonder.jpg
  • kathvg
    kathvg Posts: 68
    Options
    what great stories/pics from ALL of you!!!
    i am still working on my weight loss but so far i have done it like most people on MFP...holding myself accountable for what i eat and being more active! i have also dabbled with the 17 day diet over the past month or so but it kind of lost me/my interest at the start of cycle 3. i HOPE to get back on it in the near future though as my bff has had great results with it and i know i can too :)
    a BIG CONGRATS to everyone who has taken great steps towards improving their health and good luck to those who are just beginning their weight loss journey...
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I decided in 01/2010 to lose weight due to different health problems. I had my well women and my results was awful. My blood work was abnormal, cholesterol was high, iron was low (anemia). I left the doctor office with a prescripion for high blood pressure and iron pills. While I was driving I was thinking I am 39 years old and turn 40 years old next year. Well ton of bricks hit me hard my mother had open heart surgery at 40 years old. I asked myself DO YOU WANT THAT OR DO YOU WANT TO DIE EARLY. I decide I wanted to live and be healthy. I lost 66 pounds in 1 and 1/2 years. I started out weighing 242 pounds with 35% body fats and now currently weighting in at 176 pounds with 28% body fat. I was wearing a size 18-20 in pants and a xl-2xl in shirts. I am currentl wearing 8-10 in pants and medium-large in shirts. My last check up with my doctor was great. I don't need to take any other medicine beside the blood pressure medicine which is a low dose. I love being healthy and enjoy the weight loss even more. My journey has encourage my husband to lose weight. my hubby lost 70 pounds. he started out weight at 272 pounds and now weighing in at 189 pounds. He is not as deidicated as me but he working on it. Heres is by pics.

Edit: Forgot to say I lost the weight doing Beachbody programs. I started with Insanity (2 rounds) 4 months. Then I took a break and ran on the treadmill for about a month. Then I did Rev abs. Then Chalean Extreme along with Brizal butt lift (hy-bird). I am currently doing Isnaity Asylum. After asylum. I wiil be doing another Hy-bird (asylum and P90X).

051411024435_wonder.jpg
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm really considered an all star... but here is my story.

5ft 4

SW 295.5
    CW 197

Took me since 4-19-11 to go from 275.5 to current weight.

What did I do? Read the Rosedale Diet by Ron Rosedale and Mastering Leptin by Byron Richards. Followed their suggestions of meal timing and foods to avoid.

I take karate, kickboxing and do p90x.

HOLY COW!!!! you lost around 80lbs in 2 months?!?!?! is that right??

if so, that's UNBELIEVEABLE!!! Great Job!!

and even if it's a typo, that's an incredible amount of weight to loose, keep it up girl!!! :)

I wish.... That was a typo.... 4-19-10 was the right date.
  • jojoof4
    jojoof4 Posts: 120
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bumpin to read some later
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump :)

Thanks for all that have shared!!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    :-)
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Bump and well done people! Awesome hard work well paid off! :smile:
  • NikkiTaber
    NikkiTaber Posts: 190
    Options
    I hit my 1/2 mark today, 50 pounds lost. I started this in Sept 2009 but stopped for a month or 2 due to life issues and what not. Started out at 250 and am at 199 now.

Secret to my success? Well... uh... I started eating right of course. Lean meats, more veggies and fruit, a lot of less fat/sodium items, try to stay away from sugar even though its practically impossible for me, more whole grains, whole wheat, etc. Skinnytaste.com supplies most of my dinner recipes. Love that site! I measure and weigh EVERYTHING that I'm about to eat. If I didn't do that, I know I would way over estimate serving sizes and stuff. I I try to get within 50 calories of my calorie goal but if I'm hungry, I don't force myself to eat just to reach my calorie goal.

I exercise 5 days a week, an hour to an hour and a half. I got a HRM which helps out a TON with calculating my calories burned. Right now I am on a Jillian Michaels kick. I do her 30 day shred, 6 week 6 pack and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. My typical week looks like mon, wed, friday. a level from 30ds and banish fat. Then tues and thrus is another 30ds level and 6w6p.

That's pretty much it! Hope it helps :drinker:

Oh and I drink 12 cups of water a day
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I weighed in at my heaviest weight (203lbs) in 2004. I went to the doctor and was informed that the pain I was experiencing in my shoulders was due to the weight of my breasts. She referred me to a plastic surgeon. When I went, he told me that yes I qualified for a medically necessary reduction since I have steel rods in my spine and was experiencing so much pain from the weight of them. However, I HAD to lose 10lbs to have the surgery.

I had the consultation in November and he wanted the weight lost and the reduction done in February 2005. I managed to lose about 13lbs during that time. Had the reduction in Feb 2005. I kept those 13lbs off - mostly because of the amount they reduced my breasts (which was something like 10lbs off!).

I was still very heavy at 190lbs. In late 2005 I got a retail job where I would be on my feet a lot. I had been a stay at home mom before then - so I knew I'd drop a little bit of weight from that. I dropped from 190lbs down to around 180ish within the first 6 months I worked there.
    From mid-2006 to early 2010 I weighed in between 175-180lbs.

In April 2010 I saw a woman who was roughly the same size at me walking. I thought to myself "Do I look like that and no one wants to tell me?". I made the decision at that moment to lose the weight. My boyfriend and I joined the gym. I gave up ALL fast food and other junk food. By mid-May I had given up pop too. I was also trying to limit how much "white" products I was eating - I switched from white bread to wheat, white rice to brown, etc. I made small changes in my food choices. I limited how much sugar I ate and tried to stay away from high fructose corn syrup as much as possible.

I hit my original goal weight of 150lbs in Sept 2010. I recently dropped another 5lbs.

For a grand total of 58-59lbs lost since my heaviest weight. I've gone from 175-180lbs a year ago to 144-145lbs now. :)

How did I lose it? Portion control (What Americans believe is one portion of food is usually more like 2-3). I read labels on foods. I don't drink pop. Don't eat fast food. I work very hard to find healthier alternatives to a lot of foods I like. I TRY and eat at least two servings of fruits and veggies a day. I eat my body weight in protein everyday. I drink between 80-100oz of water in a day.

Honestly? I'm not a star. I didn't do anything special to lose the weight. :)
  • Debkam
    Debkam Posts: 80
    Options
    bump bump badump
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Twenty five pounds in six months of pizza, video games and a lot of running. :wink:

before-during-during-after.jpg

Details: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/261282-mission-thin-possible-6-months-of-weekly-pizza
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to know how many calories you ate and if you guys ate your excercise? You guys awsome and so encouraging!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to know how many calories you ate and if you guys ate your excercise? You guys awsome and so encouraging!

I eat between 2200-2500 NET calories (On days I work, but don't workout -- I aim for around 2300. For days I don't work and don't workout, I aim for around 2200. For days I work out, I never eat less than 2500 - again.. these are NET calories).

I always eat my exercise calories back.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I eat back most of them most of the time.

I started at 1200, but barely lost 1# a week. Then I bumped it up to 1350 and lost between 1 to 1.5 a week. Stayed there until I got within 5 pounds of goal, then upped it to 1500, and there I stay. At least Mon thru Fri, and I eat what I want on weekends. I'm not sure if I want to go on maintenance yet, or maybe see about losing a little more.
  • Trollcifer
    Trollcifer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great stories. Nice job guys.
  • mauryr
    mauryr Posts: 385
    Options
    90 pounds and 73+ inches in 9 months -

Eat nutritious, well-balanced meals and snacks (including the dreaded "carb," which isn't so bad as long as you choose healthy versions like whole grains and fresh fruits), drink LOTS of water, and move your body.

That's what I've done. No magic pill, no crazy diet, just practice a sensible, healthy, active lifestyle.
    Holy smokes! That is truly amazing. 10 lbs a month average for 9 months!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!