hi everyone :)

Hello everyone! My name is Case! I'm not really new to the site but I've never posted on here before and would love to have some friends so we can share encouragement! I am a 24-year old teacher and I've recently lost about 16 pounds but I really want to lose 16 more...and then probably 16 more! I'm trying to live a healthier lifestyle overall but it's super hard, especially when friends are always wanting to get together to go out to eat. Some days I do really well but on others I definitely struggle.
How do you all stay on track??

Replies

• sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    I look at myself every day and realize I actually like myself again. I don't want to go back to hating seeing my appearance. That's how I stay on track.
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    I look at myself every day and realize I actually like myself again. I don't want to go back to hating seeing my appearance. That's how I stay on track.

ditto, and hated getting out of the bath, seeing msyelf in the mirror and thinking 'oh my god, Jeff, you really are a fat b*****d'.
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    it is hard to stay motivated, we all have those days. Look how far you have come not at how far you have to go.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I stay on track mostly by attempting to make all of my meals 400 calories or less. If that means I eat only half of my food that's what I do. That's what I do when I go out.
  • hatton80
    hatton80 Posts: 3
    Trying to be a heathy role model for my family is how I try to stay focused. Good luck and dont give up.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    ditto again, Now that I am seeing some results after a couple of months my motivation is to not return to where I was before. When friends want to go out I really think twice about the when and where of it - ya still have to have a social life but try to sway the group towards a restaurant where you can make decent healthy choices. I just joined MFP after working alone to lose the weight and eat healthier the last couple of months and its been a great motivator as well by reading other peoples success stories.