Ugh! Tired of eggs and grilled chicken salads! Need ideas.

Options
Hey everyone. I'm becoming revolted at the thought of eggs or egg whites for breakfast. What are some good high protein ideas for breakfast? I was eating an english muffin with eggs or greek yogurt, but can't think of anything else really. Today I tried eating 1 serving of kashi heart healthy cereal and 1/2 serving of almonds but I was starving an hour later. I know I need more protein to fill me up than carbs, but what else can I do for breakfast?

Also for lunch, grilled chicken with salad is taking it's toll. Any other suggestions would be so helpful.

Replies

• Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
  • thelandofwin
    Options
    Awesome, those look like great lunch ideas! I'll keep reading to see if they get into breakfast.
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Quinoa oatmeal with Smart Balance Light "butter" + a little brown sugar and some chopped fruit.
  • grammymelPolly
    Options
    Try a whole wheat bagel with low fat cream cheese, Thomas muffin with canadian bacon or you could toast cheese on it. I use liquid egg and salsa, cheese and onions and peppers for an omlet.
  • Kristhin
    Options
    For my lunch today I just had a banana and a serving of almonds.
  • thelandofwin
    Options
    Quinoa oatmeal with Smart Balance Light "butter" + a little brown sugar and some chopped fruit.

Oh nice, I definitely need to try that. Thanks!
  • Kristhin
    Options
    Whole what is good for you, but bagels tend to be VERY high calorie. You'd be setting your body up to expect that many calories all day and you'd binge from being hungry probably a lot more often. Muffins, same thing.
    Cheese and bacon are extremely terrible for you fat wise and cholesterol. Especially bacon. Plus who eats pigs anymore. They've been proven to be so close to us in DNA and they're even smarter than 3 year old human children. Its kinda gross.
  • thelandofwin
    Options
    Try a whole wheat bagel with low fat cream cheese, Thomas muffin with canadian bacon or you could toast cheese on it. I use liquid egg and salsa, cheese and onions and peppers for an omlet.

Good idea, thanks!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, sliced banana and honey on an english muffin or whole grain bread is a yummy treat.
  • sbarrett7171
    sbarrett7171 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a piece of leftover meat from the night before. Breakfast doesn't have to be eggs, bagels or fruit. Its' just another meal.
  • sweetmanjd
    sweetmanjd Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I alternate my eggy breakfasts with smoothies. Generally my recipe is:
    1 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
    3/4 c frozen blueberries
    1/4c frozen raspberries
    1 c fresh spinach
    1/2 c baby carrots

You can't taste the spinach at all and it's really satisfying! (the carrots turn it an awful color so you can leave them out if that turns you off:)
    You can rotate frozen rhubarb and bananas into the mix as well.
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Today I had 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with 1tsp of honey and a serving of Fiber One Honey Squares. I also had 3 Jimmy Dean turkey bfast sausage links with it. I was full for about 3 hours. I have a hard time figuring out high protein non-egg breakfasts, too.
  • Deebutterflies
    Options
    For breakfast try the new Kellogs cereal FIber plus with 1% milk or soy milk.
    Snacks, I do the Nature valley granola thins with dark chocolate, it curves the sweet with only 80 calories.
    Lunch, you can do, grilled shimp (5oz or about 9 med shrimp) is 160 calories over spinach with a lemon pepper dressing.
    Dinner, a white bean and chicken salad with squash, celry and sun dried tomatoes.

Hopes this sparks some ideas for you.
  • Tcnorman
    Tcnorman Posts: 16
    Options
    There's always protein shakes (or bars). Otherwise turkey sausages are always good.
  • thelandofwin
    Options
    Awesome everyone, this helps a ton!
  • murphysraven
    Options
    a piece of fresh fruit and a handful of nuts.
    low fat cottage cheese and fruit.
    whole wheat english muffin spead with natural PB or hummus.
    Healthy Smoothies with Whey protein (there are lots of recipes on MFP).

Or if you are weird like me and don't have hangups about what you can eat at breakfast, I sometimes eat a small portion of dinner leftovers for breakfast.
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I've made breakfast sausage using lean ground turkey (white meat ground turkey.) I can't find the recipe, but here's one from online

http://www.food.com/recipe/turkey-breakfast-sausage-patties-100408
  • Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    If you are avoiding the carbs, there are some fun variations you can do for an ice-cream substitute

Cream (or Half and Half) and sugar-free Chocolate Fudge pudding. Mix it with a hand mixer until it is pudding-thick - and then let it sit.

High protein, zero-sugar, zero-carb Chocolate Fudge Mousse.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I have 2 turkey sausage patties with yogurt and skim milk for breakfast very often, lots of protein there!

I am growing tired of salad for lunch as well, but I have been trying to spice it up with what goes with salad. (And I don't have grilled chicken with it). I eat pistachios, Special K Cracker Chips, string cheese, strawberries, blackberries, Cheez-its, etc. Changing what goes with my salad keeps it from being too boring. Also, just changing the dressing helps...giving it a whole new taste. I love the Wishbone Spritzer Salad Dressing Sprays. On days I don't have salad, tuna w/ miracle whip is usually my go-to.
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    organic oatmeal, a scoop of protien and a banana or an egg. Sometimes ill have an omelette w/egg beaters, low fat blue or feta and spinach...YUM. This time of the year, i like home made granola (low fat) w/a side of fresh berries and greek yogurt