Mark's Daily Apple

Options
2»

Replies

• mynameisuntz
    mynameisuntz Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should read the book since it's not just about wait loss. Activity can play a huge role in regards to how certain sugar intake affects the body. 400g of sugar and sedentary can have severe health implications and will waste muscle just like any calorie deficit without giving the body a reason to spare muscle. 400g of sugar devoid of fat and protein even more trouble. We all get the Law of Thermodynamics point of view and I highly doubt anyone wants lifelong disease, wasted muscle, and poor health from such a simplistic use and example of that law.
    I don't need to read a book to tell you that anyone who thinks 150+g carbs is considered "steady, insidious weight gain" is bat**** crazy.

He never talked about muscle or anything. That's like, reverse strawman you're pulling. He said 150+g carbs is insidious weight gain. THAT statement is so disgustingly wrong which does NOTHING but perpetuates the fears of dieters; an already emotionally vulnerable crowd of people.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    If he made different charts for varying activity levels, it would make more sense.
    Actually, it wouldn't. Because if someone's caloric maintenance is 2,000 calories and they eat 400g of pure sugar, which equates to 1,600 calories, they would STILL lose weight.

Yet according to MDA here, that qualifies as insidious, steady weight gain.

Activity level is irrelevant; caloric level is all that matters in regards to weight loss.

hormones
  • luv2laff45
    luv2laff45 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Friend me if you're primal!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    luv2laff45 wrote: »
    This thread is 3 years old! The derp was strong back then

• Navtendon
    Navtendon Posts: 168
    Options
    hizzoner wrote: »
    Mark Sisson is the author of Primal Blueprint and owner of the internet newsletter and Facebook page "Mark's Daily Apple"

Anyone follow? I like his stuff

Yes. Bigtime.
  • Navtendon
    Navtendon Posts: 168
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    luv2laff45 wrote: »
    This thread is 3 years old! The derp was strong back then

Ironic.
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have a degree in anthropology and Mark is a joke..he really needs to enroll in a local college and take some anthropology classes
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    His mobility articles are on point and reasonably researched and linked.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ack, tricked by the zombie thread again. I deleted, since there's no reason to try to start a discussion with someone likely not even here anymore.