How do you saute vegi's? Will they keep?

Options
I was wondering how everyone else saute's their vegetable. I really like eating peppers, onions, mushrooms etc together but I'm not sure if there is a better way to fix them. I usually use a little olive oil in the pan.

Also, will they keep for a day or 2? I've usually only made what I wanted with dinner but would love to bring some with my lunch if they keep/reheat well.

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I sautee mine in water to keep the fat/calories down...you do it the same way you do with oil!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I use spray butter to sautee my veggies. No cals, sodium, fat, etc....
  • albali
    albali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I roast red bell peppers, red onion, courgette, aubergine, olives and garlic in a little olive oil. It tastes scrummy and keeps well. I often take it next day with couscous or a wrap.
  • teanabean
    teanabean Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I sautee mine with Pam Cooking spray and water. Olive oil adds a lot of calories
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I use olive oil, its a good fat...and they do keep well for the next day.
  • chango69
    chango69 Posts: 39
    Options
    I do my vegi with EOO and very hot pan, like stir-fry and they keep for at less 2 days
  • MissChyna
    MissChyna Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I hear you!

I use EVOO, fresh lemon juice and a little sea salt and fresh ground pepper....sometimes I use minced garlic too. I don't like overcooked veggies so I always blanch them and then saute for a short time. After you eat what you want, pack for the next day and freeze the rest. Then when you want to use it just let it thaw out a little and steam them. That's the route I usually go and the veggies don't lose the bright color or flavors.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I always make enough for a few days. I like it over rice, so the rice can absorb some of the extra juices. Reheats well in the micro. If you want to try something different, I recommend steaming then adding fresh herbs, or roasting. Getting hungry here. Good luck.