HCG diet

Options
Anyone tried this, had success with it, or is it to dangerous? I am not going to drop down to 500 cals, but im wondering if I just stick to my normal calories (1200) and exercise and then take these supplements, will my weight come off faster?
http://weightlosssupplement-s.com/the-hcg-diet/

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    There is no supplement in the world that will make you lose weight. If there was there wouldn't be a billion dollar diet industry. HCG diet works because of the massive calorie restriction.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Totally dangerous! Stick to what you're doing!
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    VERY Dangerous! Will not last long term.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    HCG diet works because of the massive calorie restriction.
    This. Do it the right way.
  • ElaineKirby
    Options
    I tried it and lost 30 lbs in 40 days but I turned around and gained it all back when I started eating again. 500 Calories is not very much.
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    From everything I've read the only reason HCG works is the calorie restriction. If you aren't going to do the 500 calorie a day (and I'm glad that's not part of your plan) there is no reason to do the diet. Keep doing what you are doing - healthy eating at a sustainable and maintainable level and exercise. That's how you'll take it off and keep it off!

Good luck!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    As said, there is no supplement or magic pill that will make you lose weight faster. If something actually worked, we'd all be on it.

HCG drops/pills are at best harmless and possibly dangerous. Actual HCG has to be injected, and studies have shown that it doesn't aid in weight loss. People lose weight because they're starving themselves. Plenty of other threads about that big debate.
  • mdickhaut
    mdickhaut Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I read a report on the HCG Diet, and there was an infertility doctor in the report saying that the only way you can absorb HCG is through injection, because that is what he does to get women pregnant. Also, they took samples of HCG from 3 major suppliers, Droppers and Pills, and tested them in the hyper sensitive HCG detector in the doctors office, and found absolutely no trace of HCG.

People on the HCG diet are probably losing weight because they are starving themselves.
  • emma2488
    emma2488 Posts: 1
    Options
    I tried this & if you don't follow their directions exactly (with the vlc diet & specific foods) it wont work - it tastes really bad (if you have the dropper kind) and made me feel really awful - this diet just isn't a good idea. Weight loss is a lifestyle change & a pill or serum wont provide that.
  • hollistwhirl
    Options
    Sorry did not read this first before writting a message oops...:happy:
  • Smile4Paparazzi
    Options
    I tried it. I didn't lose all that much. I had really high hopes though. My husband did lose quite a bit, like 30 lbs. BUT the second we stopped using the drops we gained every bit and more back and we followed the directions and plan to an absoulte T, even the 2 weeks of stabalization.

As far as eating normal calories and taking the drops, I believe that would be ineffective. I was told that if you eat more than 500 with the HCG it almost directly goes to fat and is worse for you than if you had eaten that many calories without the HCG.

In short, tried it, wasn't worth the money. And here I am back at the starting line. Sigh.