GIRLS - maybe TMI question - gym fatigue and PMS?

Options
2»

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    In addition to B12, I would add OTC iron and Vitamin C 3 days before and through your TOM. Anemia is a common problem at TOM and the fatigue it causes was debilitating to me. (thank God for menopause)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    *kitten* yeah, I hate those days of the month. Talking about equality between men and women, it can never be equal because we have to suffer way more. German men and their cultural attitudes! All *kitten*!!!

What does this even mean? And what does it have to do with gym fatigue and pms?
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    mama2shi wrote: »
    Ohhhh ya. My motivation during that special time is SHOT, my appetite turns ravenous, and I tend to gain a few lbs from water retention. I push through and work out anyway, but fatigue and muscle weakness stops me from being able to give it my all! Exercise anyway. It will improve your mood and make you feel much better! :)

^^ 100% agree...this is me to a TEE! Well, plus I get a little mean - but that's ok too lol

Yeah, all of this, especially the appetite and for me, it is a serious junk food desire and fatigue. It is hard to control my desire to eat everything during TOM but pushing to exercise at least a little bit seems to help with that. Good luck!
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'll second the drinking more water. I've found that if I drink copious amounts of water that not only are my cramps not as bad, but my period gets lighter quicker.

Extra water also helps my energy level. Everything hurts a little less and I don't feel like I'm dying right this minute (maybe in 10 minutes ;) )

I also avoid ab workouts like the plague during my TOM.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    allywilkes wrote: »
    Over the last few days I've noticed workouts becoming a LOT harder - my muscles feel tired and it's a real effort putting one step in front of another. I tire faster and feel like I'm working a lot harder for the "usual" amount of exercise.

I was wondering if hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle might be affecting me? I've only started exercising in the last couple of months, and this is the first time it's happened (I use hormonal contraception which limits the number of cycles I have, and this is the first cycle since starting gym-going).

Does this happen to anyone else?

DEFINITELY. When I'm on my cycle I usually plan to take it easy - higher reps with lower weights - and not get too down if I start feeling sick. It's part of being a woman. We've all been there. Listen to your body and go according to that! Remember, that even a small work out counts.