New to MFP!

tzBIGWORM
tzBIGWORM Posts: 11 Member
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hi. My name is Brian. I live in California. Pretty much, I've been big virtually all my life--from 6, to my current age, 27. In the summer of 2002, I managed to lose around 30 pounds just from walking in the summer heat (I'm sure other factors contributed to that, as well, but I couldn't tell ya what =P), and I was down to 250 pounds. Shortly after, I discovered transportation via cars, and lost the incentive to walk to where I needed to get to.

Currently, I've crested 400 pounds, which of course isn't good. My motivation is to be around when my 6 year old son graduates from high school. I'm currently enrolledf with my local weight and health clinic, which motivates me and helps me manage my weight. With a combination of MFP, drinking LOTS of water, and cutting out soda and empty-calorie foods like candy, I've lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks, so far.

I'm open to more suggestions besides the obvious "start going to the gym," suggestion, because I will. I'm gonna be around here for a long time to come, I believe. =D

Replies

• kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    You have come to the right place! You need to stay positive and keep that goal pulling for you. There's nothing like the love of a child to keep you focused. Thats what got me going. My son said "Mom, you have to do something, I want my kids to have a grandma!" Add lots of friends, and keep looking and reading the success stories and pictures they keep me going on a regular basis. Don't forget it's not all about the scale, take pictures and measure yourself. Good Luck and feel free to add me.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Kaylee is right, it's the place to be if you need support and motivation! I wish you the best of luck along your weight loss journey :)
This discussion has been closed.