Strength Training & Cardio while losing weight HELP ME PLEAS

Options
I am doing P90x and at first (this is week 3), the scale was going down and I had lost two three pounds in three weeks. Now the scale has went back up to the 190 (start weight) i was wondering since I am doing strength training and gaining muscle, should I even pay attention to the scale? I know i am losing weight bc i keep up with my calories and what i eat by using fitnesspal and at this point i should be at 186 not still 190.

Replies

• Brandei
    Brandei Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I too am doing P90X and in the fourth week (however,I did not fully follow the schedule and had days where I did the elliptical or ran rather than p90). At first I too gained, rather than lost.....however, that was short lived and I did notice my clothes were looser regardless of what the scale said. I didn't start My Fitness Plan until after I began P90X....but now I am down 5 lbs.
    Hope that helps!
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I started P90X back in December...I never religiously did it, the first month -2 months I was pretty good 5 to 6 times most weeks and by March I had lost about 10 lbs. As a female I was doing the lean version down but I did notice that the first two months I did not necessarily lose a lot of weight because I was gaining a lot of muscle as well. My clothes fit better and now I use P90X as my workout videos...I try and do them at least 3 times a week and my goal is to work out at least 5 times...I also substitute walks/runs on some of the days. I would keep up with them they make me feel so much better after and they give me a lot more energy.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    U need to chek wat ur eating all cals are not the same. I dont think ur gainin so much muscle especially if ur not eating for it.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    U need to chek wat ur eating all cals are not the same. I dont think ur gainin so much muscle especially if ur not eating for it.
  • kd2007
    kd2007 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    At shreddingit, what do you mean by not all calories are the same. My calorie goal is 1500 and because I exercise my NET calories would be between 1000-1200 calories a day I am 5'6 190 pounds. ONce before when I was doing just cardio I lost 15 but hit a plateau but this round I am doing strength training with it..help me understand