How do I get the carbs??

Options
I just started this new life two days ago and I have done okay. I am spending more time on protein and I have forgotten my carbs. Very tired today, need to find those carbs. Suggestions?

Replies

• Jessabelle12
    Jessabelle12 Posts: 145
    Options
    You can get them in healthy ways - wholegrain bread, fruit has carbs, potatoes just cooked healthily! :) Best of luck!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    How bout some fruit or even a piece of whole grain toast with peanut butter?
  • blkelley
    blkelley Posts: 7
    Options
    Get your carbs from veggies & fruit . Also add in some whole grains. I have whole grain bread for a sandwich, fiber select crackers with cheese, or I will have roasted veggies or a salad with meals. I "treat" myself with a bowl of strawberries or fresh cut peaches everyday. It just depends what you like. The most important thing to avoid doing is adding in empty carbs that have no fiber like processed white bread, anything that is loaded with sugar, or highly processed foods.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Watch potatoes and pasta. They are basically sugar. You want low glycemic carbs, like berries, melon, apples, nuts and seeds, and veggies. Also, watch out for tropical fruits (oranges, pineapple, etc.), which are way too high in sugar as well.