I need some motivation.

Options
What do you do for motivation? When I started this journey about 2 months ago, I was gung ho! Lost almost 6 pounds in 4 weeks, where I've stayed for almost 4 weeks. The first two weeks after the four I still stuck with MFP, but then tapered off as we hit the lake and vacation, etc. That's when my friends and husband also stopped doing it. My husband is not tracking anymore, but he's still losing weight (great for him). I lost my motivation and my motivators. I've asked for the support from my hubby, to no avail, and posted on my status for friends to see I was struggling. I got one response. I know that excuses are lame. So, anyone here, wanna help encourage me, or tell me some tips/tricks, etc? I've still been doing a little exercising, not all the time at the same time religiously like I was before, but still almost daily. I'll get back to doing my 100 crunches. Maybe if I just make this promise here, that'll give me the boost I need. :) Thanks for listening.

Replies

• lapamperedchef
    Options
    How bad do you want this? How unhappy are you with your body?
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Hi there, it is hard without the motivation but luckily the best motivator is ourself, stay positive and slowly start increasing exercise until it becomes a habit you enjoy, feel free to add me if you like and we can motivate each other :smile:
  • Alure
    Alure Posts: 30
    Options
    Take some pictures of yourself. If you don't like what you see, that might help motivate you to continue. When you start seeing progress and begin to like what you see, you can be motivated by the way you're transforming your body =). Good luck.
  • kkadams21
    kkadams21 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi,

I completely understand where you are at! I hope this helps you out but here are a few things that I have learned that get me motivated. I wake up every morning and get on the scale. By doing this, it helps me get motivated and watch what I eat. It is rewarding to wake up the next day and see that you have lost a pound! This is how I have lost 7 pounds in just 2 weeks. I eat only 2 protiens, 4 servings of veggies, 3 servings of fruits, and just 2 starches. I only eat some sort of nutrition/protein bar after walking or running for 30 minutes. Pick a celeb or actress who around the same height as you and who has a killer body and make her your inspiration to lose weight. Trust me, that will get you motivated!! When i am hungry I love to drink a cup or coffee or tea and it satisfies my hunger.
    Hope this helps you out!!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I'm going running tonight. As soon as the locksmith gets here to let me in the house, anyway. That's the second time. Anyway, you got any plans? Running? Walking? Maybe a cage fight?

As far as motivation, I enjoy bragging about my success, and poking fun at my failures.
  • mdfeller
    mdfeller Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi,

I completely understand where you are at! I hope this helps you out but here are a few things that I have learned that get me motivated. I wake up every morning and get on the scale. By doing this, it helps me get motivated and watch what I eat. It is rewarding to wake up the next day and see that you have lost a pound! This is how I have lost 7 pounds in just 2 weeks. I eat only 2 protiens, 4 servings of veggies, 3 servings of fruits, and just 2 starches. I only eat some sort of nutrition/protein bar after walking or running for 30 minutes. Pick a celeb or actress who around the same height as you and who has a killer body and make her your inspiration to lose weight. Trust me, that will get you motivated!! When i am hungry I love to drink a cup or coffee or tea and it satisfies my hunger.
    Hope this helps you out!!

Thanks! This helps a lot!

As for plans ~ after I posted this I did get up and do some zumba. I just need to know other people are doing it too. I guess I'm too much of a follower. I don't know. Anyway, thanks for all the replies, and the friend requests. I'll get over this hump! Thanks! I found another thread that I think I joined for "petite" people cause I'm just 1/4 inch under 5 feet. ;)