NSV- Non Scale Victory.. with scale stats

Options
coultesr
coultesr Posts: 51 Member
First of all, let me say that MFP has been one of the biggest catalysts for this transformation. I have been lurking on these boards for so long... Whenever I felt down, or blah, or overwhelmed, or just in need of motivation or inspiration, I came here looking at others' successes.

Today... I can't even believe it... I had an hour to kill because I was getting new glasses and decided to do some shopping. I have been at this since Jan 1, 2011 and have been doing pretty well...my mind has definitely not caught up with my body... but anyway...

I have purchased and are wearing size 6 pants and shorts!!!! My whole life I have been overweight... like really overweight (I'm 5'4" and probably have stayed in the 188-210 range most of my life). I was wearing 14-18 in middle school and high school. I had briefly squeezed into a 10 (not pretty). Eating healthy (clean) and working out 5-6x a week (currently doing Rushfit) I have lost almost 40 pounds (down to 152) and only have around 10-15ish pounds to go. I have been going down in sizes, and when I put on an 8 and it fit, in my head... I said that is vanity sizing...not a true 8....Now, confortably in a 6, I can't tell my mind that it isn't truly vanity size... and even if it were, I would still be in single digits.

I just want to thank everyone for all of your posts!!!!--- all of your successes and struggles and questions have helped me get close to the finish line (the maintainance)....Now I wish I hadn't spent all of that money!... well, maybe not. I hope my success can help inspire someone else to keep doing what they are doing...because, it is really awesome to get here and see that I am very close!

Replies

• rowdymcrowdy
    Options
    BIG BUMP !! That is awesome--BTW thanks for explaining NSV
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love your story. Now you can teach your kids your healthy habits so they don't have to go through what you went through! :flowerforyou:
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Brilliant work :-)
  • coultesr
    coultesr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yay! I love your story. Now you can teach your kids your healthy habits so they don't have to go through what you went through! :flowerforyou:

ABSOLUTELY!!! This is one of the reasons why I changed. They are very young (3.5 and almost 2) girls... I hated living in my skin my whole life, and would NEVER want them to feel this way.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!