Protein for Women

Options
Chowder_17
Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
There are tons of different proteins out there and I was curious what you recommend for woman? Thanks!

Replies

• she_elf
    she_elf Posts: 108
    Options
    Personally, I use whey protein after my workouts to help build lean muscle. Other than that, I try to use lean meats and cheese to get my protein in my regular diet.
  • CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Women would want the same protein as men. I don't really understand your question. Do you mean like what brand of protein powder?
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist recommends Whey protein. Powder or shakes are available, look for 25 grams or more w/ no more than 200 calories per serving.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing you mean protein powder?

I personally drink Muscle Milk (save me the lectures about it, please..) because I'm very picky about taste and I personally think it tastes the best. Yes, it is higher in fats - but these are the good fats. The ones our bodies need.

There's another brand called Fusion (I believe) that is pretty good too.

I've tried a TON of different powders and these two are my favorites. The rest are just plain ICK tasting to me!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    This is just asking for trouble.
  • cuerpito
    cuerpito Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Whey protein powder for shakes comes in tons of great flavors - I LOVE chocolate, coffee, cappuccino, chocolate coconut - YUM!!! I have it every day for breakfast lately - can't get enough :) It was recommended by a nutritionist, too.
  • CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I hate Whey protein. I looked so hard for a good tasting one but never found it. I dealt with it for a long time though. When I decided to be vegan I started drinking soy protein and it tastes so much better to me! For whey I would recommend Optimum Nutrition. Dymatize Nutrition Elite Gourmet is pretty good too.
  • terrysgirl0829
    terrysgirl0829 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I know nothing about protein supplements, but I saw your beautiful family picture with a small baby. I don't know how old the pic is, or if you are breastfeeding or not, but I wanted to caution you that if you, are to watch which supplements you are taking. Sorry to be so personal, but as another mommy I want to make sure baby is not getting any extras that could be harmful. : )
  • Chowder_17
    Chowder_17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. I meant what brand would be best for woman.

My son is 2 yrs old and my daughter is 5 weeks and I'm not breastfeeding. Thanks for the kind words!
  • truchamp06
    truchamp06 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I used the Jillian Michaels Natural Whey protein. I wont lie. It tastes HORRIBLE, but I dont eat a lot of meat and need a extra boost in the protein department, and I refuse to add other things to that to make it taste better. Adding juice or milk or fruit only adds more calories.

I recently purchased Mucle Milk Vanilla Creme it is really really good. Has a few more calories, but those calories are VERY worth while. Especially when I add ice to it..tastes like a VERY yumm milk shake.
  • terrysgirl0829
    terrysgirl0829 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Beautiful kids! Glad you didn't take offense. : )
  • ChristinaRamos
    Options
    I'm guessing you mean protein powder?

I personally drink Muscle Milk (save me the lectures about it, please..) because I'm very picky about taste and I personally think it tastes the best. Yes, it is higher in fats - but these are the good fats. The ones our bodies need.

There's another brand called Fusion (I believe) that is pretty good too.

I've tried a TON of different powders and these two are my favorites. The rest are just plain ICK tasting to me!

I totally agree that most of those powders taste like junk. But I found Vi-Shakes a couple months ago, they are delicious, and SO nutritional!!!! Feel free to add me :)