New :)

MissTamora
MissTamora Posts: 7
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone :)

I'm from the UK and it feels like I'm the only one!

I'm looking to lose some weight and tone up... a few years ago I lost 30lb or so when I dedicated myself to DDR... but I'm looking to lose another 25 or so. I've always felt self-conscious about my size and have resorted to some horrible methods but I want to try to be as healthy as possible so that I can slim down and stay that way withouit any nasty health-related side effects!

Also there's cancer in my family and I'd like to try to lower my chances of contracting that sometime in the future. Which will also mean quitting that :smokin:... I was at a bad time when I started and I think it's about time I quit!

My mother is on a medication that makes her gain weight and she's horrible unhappy about it. She's been trying so hard to eat healthier when her doctors asked her to lower her cholesterol and she succeeded, but she's still unhappy about her weight. I might persuade her to join at some point too, or pass on the tips :)

Replies

• Hi everyone :)

I'm from the UK and it feels like I'm the only one!

I'm looking to lose some weight and tone up... a few years ago I lost 30lb or so when I dedicated myself to DDR... but I'm looking to lose another 25 or so. I've always felt self-conscious about my size and have resorted to some horrible methods but I want to try to be as healthy as possible so that I can slim down and stay that way withouit any nasty health-related side effects!

Also there's cancer in my family and I'd like to try to lower my chances of contracting that sometime in the future. Which will also mean quitting that :smokin:... I was at a bad time when I started and I think it's about time I quit!

My mother is on a medication that makes her gain weight and she's horrible unhappy about it. She's been trying so hard to eat healthier when her doctors asked her to lower her cholesterol and she succeeded, but she's still unhappy about her weight. I might persuade her to join at some point too, or pass on the tips :)
  • gglenn
    gglenn Posts: 19 Member
    Good Luck Miss Tamora!!

Frozen green grapes and word search puzzles helped me quit smoking after 20 years.
  • Welcome MissTamora - You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK:smile:
  • Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Frozen green grapes eh? I suppose I'll have to try that :)
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    hi there !
    youre not alone from the uk ! welcome from paisley scotland !

good luck with everything !
    may
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Welcome to MFP..it's a very helpful, supportive site! :flowerforyou:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Welcome, this is a great site. I have been here since August and have lost 20 lbs so far so you can do it. Dont get discouraged if you dont lose the weight fast. If you are only wanting to lose 30 it might take you longer but there are great people on here and they will give you some encouragement along the way. I definately say use the message boards. They are a godsend. I am from the US myself but there are plenty of people from all over the world on here.

Connie
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    WELCOME!
This discussion has been closed.