p90x

Options
Hello! :)
My boyfriend and i are starting p90x on monday and I was just wondering if anyone out there who has done it has any tips or advice for us?! ive been doing jillian micheals 30ds dvd for awhile but am excited about trying something new. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated!
thanks!

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I am starting Monday also! I've been doing Turbo Fire and Supreme 90 but I finally got P90X yesterday so I'm starting Monday and I can't wait! I know we're going to get awesome results!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Hello! :)
    My boyfriend and i are starting p90x on monday and I was just wondering if anyone out there who has done it has any tips or advice for us?! ive been doing jillian micheals 30ds dvd for awhile but am excited about trying something new. So any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated!
    thanks!

Just keep pushing play! Your gonna love it!
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Ive done p90x.. for 2 months straight...

It's not that much of a work out, however watch out for plyometrics!!! I think it's the second DVD... wow. Take it from a hockey player; its hard. I did that DVD and was in a sweat!!

Good luck!!! It was fun tho.. the DVDs are awesome. Some you love some you hate... plyo was my hate. My love? Cardio DVD and Kempo X DVD!

I have all of the sheets and pdfs if you want them btw.
  • asdawkins
    asdawkins Posts: 23
    Options
    I started round 2 almost 2 weeks ago and LOVE it!!! I do mine first thing in the morning, I had to start getting up earlier though b/c I had to have a cool down period b/c I would get so hot.
  • sarahttini
    sarahttini Posts: 186
    Options
    When you start out, just remember that you don't have to do it ALL...do what you can and it's cool cuz they have a guy doing modifications which is what I used alot.
  • kungfu84
    kungfu84 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi :)
    I have done P90X and it is really challenging, but in a good way. Make sure you print out the work-out logs, it's really motivating to look back after a few weeks and see how many more reps or how much more weight you are able to do!! I used resistance bands instead of doing pull-ups and still got great results, plus I loved using the resistance bands for other exercises like some of the different bicep curls. I would recommend the weighted resistance bands by GoFit, they're awesome!! Hope this helps and I hope you love P90X as well!!!
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am in love with it! My bar regulars know me as the p90x girl cause i rave about it! last year i lost 20lbs doing it... although i have never made it to 3months but worked amazingly non the less. Was considering starting it on Monday as well - and just might have to after your post - keep each other in line. Make sure you eat enough n have some sort of protein supliment and take daily vitamins they are crucial to rebuilding your muscles and help with performing the next day. Good Luck! And feel free to add me!
  • maurilax
    maurilax Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I finished my first round of doubles last saturday. Lost 42 lbs and i feel awesome. I started a p90x+/insanity hybrid monday.

#1 get a Heart Rate Monitor if you dont have one already
    #2 I used a mix of bands and weights to make for easy transitions between exercises without too much fussing with changing different plates on my dumbells. The LifeLine bands are really good quality
    #3 anything you can buy from the p90x site you can get cheaper somewhere else including 'recovery' drinks
    #4 Tony suggests creating a calendar for the workouts, if you make a plan ahead of time you are more likely to push play. i usually planned this out each week on sunday.
    #5 mix it up, on the weight lifting days and yoga days i tried to do a little extra cardio, playing basketball going for walks whatever, sometimes i didnt feel like i was getting enough cardio out of those workouts, (even though i was probobly burning the calories)
    #6 i had to modify the ab ripper section quite a bit the first few weeks, it gets easier. there are some (funny) youtube videos of some modifications people have done to some of the moves. crunchy frogs sucked for a while.

losing weight is 80% about diet, dont forget it
  • uniqute1888
    uniqute1888 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    resistance bands are amazing! No pull-up bar in my house! "The bands are where its at!" -Tony Horton
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    I'm on day 65 and couldn't be happier. Try to stay with the nutrition as much as possible. I'm sure you have heard, but 80% of the results is nutrition and 20% are the workouts.

When it is Yoga time, modify and don't get discouraged. It is pretty rough but if you keep doing it, it will become one of your favorites.

Stay with it and press play and results will come. It has changed my mentality of working out from just doing it to get in shape for a beach wedding to now I am an official beachbody coach helping people get the best results possible. Message me if you would like to join the team and I can answer any of your questions.

BRING IT!!

Billy
  • tingtawn
    tingtawn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the great tips..i was out of town for the weekend but came back and completed day 1 today! it was ruff..but i think we r really going to enjoy it..the bands worked great for the pull up section..i can not do many regular push ups, so i did most on my knees, i def still felt the burn..hopefully i will be able to improve to do them regular!