Do you log your BLTs? bites, licks, taste

Options
2»

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I totally count them if I remember them! I'm terrible at estimating the portion sizes, but I try to overguess rather than underguess the amount.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I log it all. Don't feel like I am being honest with myself if I don't. Plus its intersting to see exactly how many calories that little piece of tortilla is or that 1oz sip of Mountain Dew or that half a cookie, etc that we pick up and eat during the day.
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Don't get me started on sharing food with the kids. It drives me crazy that they always want to eat off my perfectly measured and weighed plate. I always serve myself last hoping to keep my food to myself but putting all the effort to weigh and measure makes me kinda stingy. Reading back I think I am more likely to be more precise with nutritionally dense food than say a bite of fruit or veggie...
  • KlassyKassi
    KlassyKassi Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything. It can be hard with my kids constantly eating and having food out, but I know how much those bites add up. I have even logged 1 M&M before. :)
  • mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I taste things when I'm cooking/mixing. There are times I'll try something hub got. I don't log any of it. I'm not making a meal of it. Not only that, while nutrition labels are important, they're only an estimate. Seriously, that many items can land spot on 200 cals? 80 cals? 350 cals? Nothing ever lands on 167 cals unless I use the recipe thingy on MFP. Otherwise, everything magically comes out even! Imagine that?! So, the way I see it, if it's just a taste test, there is room for error thanks to the labels. ;)
    Just fyi, food labels are allowed to round to the nearest 10 cals, up or down. If you want to figure out the actual cal count multiply the carbs and protein grams by 4, fat grams by 9 and add them up.