Entering the DANGER ZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
Happy Monday!!!! Well, what do I call the danger zone??? The last three months of the year. In the past this has been my problem. I start going overboard a little before Halloween and continue until after New Year's. Then of course that leaves me with a New Year's resolution of losing at least 10lbs which I never get to do until the beginning of this year. So, anyone else with this problem? What has helped you in the past? What are your new plans for attacking this problem?

Thanks to the help of this site I feel very confident that this time I will conquer this issue!!!! This is my plan:

*I will continue to exercise no matter what is going on around me, house guests, office parties, family gatherings, cold weather, etc etc
*I will exercise my right to say NO!!!! When people push food on me, etc etc :laugh:
*I will continue to monitor my calories. Moderation is the key!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!!!! Well, what do I call the danger zone??? The last three months of the year. In the past this has been my problem. I start going overboard a little before Halloween and continue until after New Year's. Then of course that leaves me with a New Year's resolution of losing at least 10lbs which I never get to do until the beginning of this year. So, anyone else with this problem? What has helped you in the past? What are your new plans for attacking this problem?

Thanks to the help of this site I feel very confident that this time I will conquer this issue!!!! This is my plan:

*I will continue to exercise no matter what is going on around me, house guests, office parties, family gatherings, cold weather, etc etc
    *I will exercise my right to say NO!!!! When people push food on me, etc etc :laugh:

• luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    I plan this year to only allow my self the treats i truely enjoy. Most years i will eat any and everything just because its there even if i don't like it that much and even if i think it isn't very good i'll eat all of it then have what i really wanted. So this time I'm holding out for the good stuff, if it's not there then i'm not gonna try to subsititute with something not worth the calories. And I'll continue to limit portion sizes on my treats, i don't need to eat a giant piece of pie or cheesecake etc... till i'm sick cuz then i just feel guilty, a small piece is enough to taste it and move on.

that being said, on the actually holidays, christmas, thanksgiving, new years, i'm eating what i want, no counting those days :wink:
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm very familiar with the danger zone! I start mine a little earlier than Halloween though, because my birthday is 10-10, and my g-ma's is 10-14, so we're celebrating ALL week, and then Halloween is right around the corner!

I'm just going to stick to my workouts, maybe add a few here and there, and keep count of my calories. I don't really have a huge secret weapon or anything!!
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options

May have to type these wise words and put them on the bathroom mirror,
    and
    on the computer monitor
    and
    on the front of the fridge
    and
    on my closet door
    and
    on the inside of the door..read as I leave home

Hmmmmm..where else ?
    (maybe tatoo on my forehead so others will see them?????

Thanks for those words of wizdom!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options

May have to type these wise words and put them on the bathroom mirror,
    and
    on the computer monitor
    and
    on the front of the fridge
    and
    on my closet door
    and
    on the inside of the door..read as I leave home

Hmmmmm..where else ?
    (maybe tatoo on my forehead so others will see them?????

Thanks for those words of wizdom!

...which explains all the whiteout on my moniter?! :drinker: :laugh: