Replies

• rayleansout
    rayleansout Posts: 234
    Options
    Not a damn thing - sodium, ruins all nutrient value
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    moo shu chicken! I eat it without the wrap, and add just a bit of the plum sauce. It's mostly cabbage and veggies.
  • dododo123
    dododo123 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love the spicy tofu dishes. The only bad part is that every takeout item is covered in grease. If it is not steamed, it's sure to have lots of fat :(
  • enchantedbunny
    Options
    One tip I remember reading is to scoop out the dishes using a fork so you "leave behind" some of the fatty, greasy, not-so-good-for-you sauce. Anything steamed should be safe -- you could try asking them to go light on the sauce or oil if needed.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    thanks guys..

the moo goo sounds good however from memory its not on the menu ..hmm!

Stir fried vegetables sounds nice though

Lol this is unrelated, but I can't help thinking about milk when you say - Moo-goo.

I will use this forever. Thank you. lol!
  • theNurseNancy
    Options
    I dont understand people who say stay away from rice? It's not some evil food. I eat rice all the time. and *GASP* it's the WHITE kind. Like seriously, twice a day most days. Just learn what a portion size of rice looks like.

THAT BEING SAID...

Stirfry veggies and tofu or anything steamed with sauce on the side.

edit: Also, drink lots of water. Sodium is a killer with anything soy sauce based.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    som tum, but thats thia,....try.....the black bean clam....its gross in a yummie way, also chicken feet !!:wink: