Stretch Marks?

Options
I have horrible stretch marks basically everywhere but they are the worst on my inner thighs. They look so horrible and I don't even want to wear anything but pants now. I have been working out and on a diet for about a week now but I keep seeing more and more stretch marks every day. I have this lotion for stretch marks but I have no idea how well it works since I have only had it for a few days. I am just so self conscious now. I live in TX and its about 103 on the average right now so pants really are not an option for me. I guess I just want some support. I want someone to tell me that my stretch marks will go away once I loose the weight I am working to get rid of. Anyone have any support out there?

Replies

• chubswonky
    chubswonky Posts: 195
    Options
    The only thing that I can tell you is that almost everyone has stretch marks and they do fade over time. I've used cocoa butter every day in the past but I just have to live with 'em. I've yet to meet a girl who doesn't have 'em somewhere! Try not to get too down on yourself
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I have them too, and as a guy, it's sort of embarrassing. They never truly disappear, but some ofd mine eventually fade from that angry red to pale as you lose weight. Maybe some of the ladies on here know of some lotions to help out, but I say just keep working at losing the weight and things will get better.
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I can't tell you they go away, but I can say that, like Chubs said, they do fade and blend in quite well with your natural skin color. Just continue to lose so they don't stretch any further. Also like she said, almost everyone has them! Sorry :flowerforyou:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have them everywhere, EVEYWHERE! The worst spot is my sides and upper legs. the red ones fade but the lines remain. Like someone else said almost everyone has them. I will wear a bikini still, i know i look fine, I am human, like everyone else. Mine faded over time i dont recall putting anything on them to fade so i dont now what works.
  • patssarah
    patssarah Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have some from pregnancy, and they were pretty bright reddish to begin with and now (2years after last baby) have faded so much so that in most pictures you cant even see them, but they are still there, and in certain light you can see them, but at first glance most people think I dont have them. They *should* fade. And I really think that cocoa butter helps prevent new ones! I made it through 95% of my first pregnancy without a single one and I was applying cocoa butter religiously every few hours!! Then the last 2 weeks or so I was so sick and tired and cranky, I stopped putting it on, and thats when I got stretch marks! And then of course with 2 more pregnancies after that I got a few new ones:frown: but like I said, mine have pretty much "dissapeared"