Will I ever lose this weight

Options
I have hit bottom and I must lose this weight. I have anaylized myself to the point that there is nothing else to uncover but how I'm going to get this weight off. I was always a small person until I hit around 48. At that point with menapause, divorce and the sky just falling in I decided to start eating everything in sight. I know I was emotionally eating. Now I don't know how to stop. I have a good life and love myself and that's why I'm reaching for help to stop this eating madiness. Any suggestions? Oh, I'm 52 5'4 and 176lbs.

Replies

• getfitnow
    Options
    I have hit bottom and I must lose this weight. I have anaylized myself to the point that there is nothing else to uncover but how I'm going to get this weight off. I was always a small person until I hit around 48. At that point with menapause, divorce and the sky just falling in I decided to start eating everything in sight. I know I was emotionally eating. Now I don't know how to stop. I have a good life and love myself and that's why I'm reaching for help to stop this eating madiness. Any suggestions? Oh, I'm 52 5'4 and 176lbs.
  • msblondy16
    Options
    believe in yourself! you are taking all of the right steps. just take it one meal at a time, one workout at a time, and then one day at a time. you have to work the hardest to get the things you want most! *best of luck to you*
  • marathongirly
    marathongirly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Take one day at a time and one meal at a time! You realize you want to do this for YOU and no one else! I'm there with you on this midlife thing..I'll soon be 46 in Nov and I'm not thrilled what the upcoming changes that are happening but I'm also not going to let it consume me and take over. Get a walking buddy...maybe that is a dog..maybe your friend...maybe your child...but move and know what a blessing it is that we can get up and move...so many cant'. Stay away from as much processed food as possible .. The manufactures put additives in them so you crave more hence buy more of their food..(can you say profit) Try to get the sugar out of your diet...another ADDITVIE drug. Little by little you will feel the difference. take it one step at a time...that's how you win the race.
    All the best to you!
    Jennifer
    www.marathongirly.com
  • getfitnow
    Options
    Thank you for your words of encouragement.
  • marathongirly
    marathongirly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    How is it going GETFITNOW? Tough season when so much is about the food! Think how you feel eating "the good foods' vs the BAD foods I notice my moods and energy are so different that it helps me stay on the good path! Best to you!
  • getfitnow
    Options
    I fell off the wagon but I've gotten back up. As you and others have said one meal at a time. I can do this and I will. Happy Holidays.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have a good life and love myself and that's why I'm reaching for help to stop this eating madiness.

That's the hardest step in all this, I swear!!
    Welcome to MFP. :flowerforyou: You will find the support you need here.
    Log your foods. Eat portion/calorie controlled meals. Recognize what you are putting in your face. (I use to be a mindless eater, which was part of my obesity.) Exercise, exercise, exercise. Helps burn calories and pumps those endorphines, lifting your mood, making you glow, and giving you a bit of extra happiness.
    Glad to have you with us!!