Heart rate monitor?

Glamour60Xtreme
Glamour60Xtreme Posts: 290
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys! I want to get a heart rate monitor, not only to see what my heart rate is but also to see the amount of calories I have burned throughout the day.. any suggestions would help!

Replies

• Nico0211
    Nico0211 Posts: 39 Member
    polar is by far the best one. Love them!
  • really!? :) and it tells you how many calories you have burned throughout the day?!
  • polar is the best HRM, i think too... but it isn't for wearing all day. it only is for when you exercise. if you want one to wear all day look into "Body Bugg" it's more expensive and you have to have a subscription to access their website i think for your information. not sure. i love my polar though!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    You need a body bugg if you want something that will give you your calorie burn for the whole day
  • loseatonlady
    loseatonlady Posts: 160
    www.heartratemonitorsusa.com
    Garmin FR60 Fitness Heart Rate Monitor Watch

This is great company to work with - I have this one & so does my friend and we've both been very pleased. It comes with the chest strap and tracks calorie burn & you can even link up to your computer to chart progress/workouts.

Great price & they don't charge S&H ... =) Best wishes!
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Body Bugg is one you can use for an all-day track, but they are expensive.

I've known people who have used their Polar monitors for all day, but it's hard to tell how accurate it would be because they're not meant to do that.
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    definitely a good investment!! it's well worth the money. can't suggest any because i'm still looking for a better one lol...mine's ok, forget the brand, but it's a walmart one. :)
  • WWW.FITBIT.COM
    IT TRACKS STEPS,CALS,REST,SLEEP,ACTIVITY LEVEL
    $99.99
  • eracman
    eracman Posts: 22
    If you ever decide to take up running or biking, a Garmin 305 is Great! It's a heart rate monitor and a GPS device that will track not only your heart rate, but also how far you go and how fast you are going. You can set goals for how far or how long to go, and you can also program alarms when your heart rate is too low or too high.

I use one when I run and I love all the information it keeps track of, including heart rate and calories burned. The 305 (red one) is pretty cheap nowadays since there are newer models out ( ( As low as $130. I paid $250 for mine 3-4 years ago) .

If you don't think you will need that added functionality, then Polar heart rate monitor are good. I don't own one though, so I can't recommend any specific models.
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Polar HRMs I've looked at aren't for "calories burned during the whole day" kind of stuff. That's more of FitBit/ BodyBugg/ BodyMedia thing.
This discussion has been closed.