Under the weather and dieting

Options
Over the past few years I've rarely been sick, but when I started MFP in Jan I came down with a bad cold just a few weeks after, the first one in about two years! And just recently i've restarted my weight loss (I "checked out" for about two months) and I just got sick with a cold again. My husband claims I was "wearing myself out" not eating enough calories when I'm exercising. Now i'm not absolutely perfect, occasionally I'll go over my calories, and sometimes when I have a good workout like spinning I may fall short of eating back all my calories that day, maybe up to about 600 or so. But I do find it strange that both times I've come down with a cold as soon as I kick start my body into weight loss mode. Definitely could just be a coincidence, but just wondering has anyone else had the same thing?

Replies

• justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    hmmm... i havent but if you recently just got a cold it could be due to weather change? i dont know where you live but here in southern cali alot of ppl are getting sick cuz it changes cold to hot cold to hot all teh time!!! as far as 2 months ago... im thinking it could have been that "flu" that was just going around and completely coincidental.

however depending on how under you are going on your calorie intake, you cold just be wearing yourself out like you r man says.
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    oops sorry, i thought it wsa 2 months ago you were sick... january it could have been cold lol and just that season.
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have been serious about loosing weight, exercising for a little over week and have had a cold just as long. Coughing a little, sneezing, and now and getting headaches. I did def. put my body into "shock" but cutting all the soda I was drinking so fast and increased my water by 100%. I think I am getting used to it.. coughing and sneezing have went away but the headaches are getting stronger.