Not losing inches.

Options
t_rog
t_rog Posts: 363 Member
So in the past 3 months, i've lost 22 lbs, which to me is a significant amount of weight and i'm happy with that. BUT, my clothes are not fitting any differently! I figured by now, I would be needing to buy new pants or something, but no.....they fit almost exactly the same. A little baggy in the butt area, but that's about it. What's the deal? Where the hell is this weight coming from?!

EDIT: I haven't actually measured myself, i'm just going strictly off of how my clothes fit.

Replies

• BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    are you exercising at all? lifting weights?
  • twilks11
    twilks11 Posts: 29
    Options
    Sometimes if your exercising you could be gaining mucsle which sometimes you won't see a change. I am having the opposite problem. I am losing inches my clothers are getting baggier but I am not losing ALOT of weight. If you are not adding exercising try it and see what happens..Maybe you just need to tone up a bit and you might see a big difference. If you are losing weight just keep it ip. Apparently your doing something good since you lost 22 pounds.
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I exercise all the time! Cardio and weights.
  • Ballay
    Ballay Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I was going to say that maybe you are loosing water weight or muscle mass but you did say you do strength training exercise too...huh? This is interesting. Cant wait to see what other people have to say.
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You really need to take pics and do measurements. You could be losing from the top down like me so it would be hard to tell in clothes. I lose face first and in the chest and arms. Even my hands look thinner before my butt,lol. I am sure 20lbs you are getting smaller we just dont always get to choose the places that shrink :D