I'm HONGRY!

Options
Ok...for years I had my body in starvation mode. I know, shame on me. I could have coffee in the morning then go all day without eating and then eat dinner. I made excuses like "I can't eat that early in the morning" or "I just didn't think about it because I wasn't hungry" blah blah blah. I probably ate 600-700 calories a day then. So...now I've been eating properly, throughout the day, eating what MFP recommends and now I'M HUNGRY for what seems to be all the time. I was hungry within an hour of eating dinner tonight. I've already had strawberries and an orange after dinner, and I"M STILL HUNGRY! This really started hardcore yesterday. I ate like this years ago and was a good weight and felt pretty good. But I don't remember being THIS hungry all the time. WTH???

Replies

• calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I am the exact same way...started out not eating enough at all and now I'm just ravenous all the time except for those special occasions when I don't have an appetite:noway: , but for the most part I'm HONGRY too, lol...I have tried eating all of the healthy stuff that everyone says is supposed to fill you up but I only find myself hungry again, :cry: so hopefully in the near future we will find a solution. :huh: Until then we're gonna just have to work it off I guess!!:tongue:
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I have somewhat the same problem... but I have always eaten a lot lol Im on day two of this and I think I sike myself out over the calories lol I was panicked about dinner and I had no reason to be! When Im hungry I keep drinking water and try to get myself distracted. Good Luck!
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I love this blog post by Chalene Johnson. You should check it out https://www.turbokick.com/wblog/?p=136
  • Debkam
    Debkam Posts: 80
    Options
    I expected my appetite to come back but geeesh! This is ridiculous. I'm trying to keep from going over, but I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't worry about going over a bit. As strange as it sounds I'm already noticing I don't look as bloated. That's kinda strange to me. I never really ate bad, just not enough. I understand those who are use to eating a lot and then having to cut back feeling hungry like this. I'd like to know if it is possible that my metabolism is starting to kick into high gear already.
  • justavoice1989
    justavoice1989 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i find myself hungry too like today i had a lettuce wrapped sandwich with turkey before heading to class, then 3 hours later i got home and had 2 bowls of frosted flakes..... was still soooo hungry so i had taquitos... that finally filled me up until dinner. now im hungry again lol, but i think im craving something to be honest... i think i want chocolate or something and i THINK im hungry.... try popping in a gum and chew it for a while... that usualllly helps =]
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am in a very similar situation and just posted this question yesterday! : http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/265140-super-hungry-all-the-time

The consensus seems to be (1) if you are already in a healthy weight range and you are still trying to lose weight, you may just have to deal with hunger pangs and (2) up your protein to carb ratio.

I tried upping my protein today, and it seemed to help. I'm going to try getting my protein and fat numbers red but keeping my calorie and carb numbers green on the food log every day for a week and see how that goes.

Good luck!
  • Debkam
    Options
    I love this blog post by Chalene Johnson. You should check it out https://www.turbokick.com/wblog/?p=136

Good article. Thanks. I know this way of eating works. It's worked for me before. I just didn't know it was why I was as slender as I was. My goal is to not only lose the weight but increase my muscle and endurance. I have to take the exercise a bit slower though to begin with as I have fibromyalgia and my knees will swell after a couple of days of cardio due to the bakers cysts I have. I'll eventually get there though as long as I keep at it.
  • Debkam
    Options
    You may be right LauraMarie. I was trying to get the numbers as close as possible to the recommendations. But I might have to try the same.