How do I recover from a significant weight gain?

Options
Two years ago, I ran my first half marathon and was down 42lbs... I gained 20lbs back and then lost it again to run a marathon last summer.

I have now gained 30lbs... meaning I am only down by 12lbs from where I was 2 years ago.

I know I need to pick myself up now and just get busy...

Please, encourage. I need it.

Replies

• peacestar84
    peacestar84 Posts: 100
    Options
    You can totally do it! You have the ability to exercise and already you have proven you can over come obstacles. I started MFP in Jan. lost weight and in April fell off the wagon binged and gained 15 lbs back. I was devastated. But I started over again and have successfully lost 16 lbs already. So trust me If I can go from eating all day long and sitting on my butt to being calorie conscious and working out, you can too! You just need to find what motivates you from with in and have some support :)
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You have already proven that you've got what it takes to make huge strides towards your goals. Now just put that know how to action. Make a commitment to yourself to make tomorrow a better day than today. Keep babystepping towards your goals and dust yourself off and forgive yourself for your failures. They taught you what didn't work.

Treat yourself and talk to yourself like you would if you were your best friend. What would you tell her for encouragement? Same applies for yourself!
  • MJunebug
    MJunebug Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    There is no doubt in my mind that you have everything you need to rise again and conquer this . . . desire, motivation, and a new treadmill!!! Get up and go:flowerforyou: