Les Mills Body Attack.... Ouch

Options
zeeeb
zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
OK, so I figured that i've lost about 10kg since I last tried it, so it might be easier on my joints now i'm not as fat... Wrong, totally wrong.

Who the hell designed jumping lunges into an aerobics routine, obviously a dumb idea for anyone with any kind of dodgy knees.

I wish I hadn't bothered. Now I'll have to put up with sore knees due to a ridiculous class that obviously takes no care to avoid injury by doing exercises that fast that need to be done in a controlled and correct manner....

Damn you knees!

Replies

• NitaCB
    NitaCB Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Yea they don't call it high-impact for nothing! It is a good class, but if you have any hint of an injury it's probably not a class that you should be doing. There are plenty of other good classes that won't be so harsh on you. :)
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    yep, i just thought i'd try something different... it's getting boring, i can only go to the gym in the mornings, when the creche is open, so i'm stuck with limited options, but i guess i'll have to stick with pump, step, RPM, boxing, yoga...
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I happen to enjoy jumping lunges and many other plyometric activities. :flowerforyou:

But this just goes to show that some people shouldn't be doing plyometrics. Not that I am putting you down in any way! But there needs to be some kind of warning letting people know what they are in for before hand so they can better judge what they're in for. That's why there's the Cardio X option for people doing P90X but can't handle the Plyo X quite yet. It's a great workout, but not for everyone as it takes a much higher fitness level to do it properly and not get injured than other forms of cardio.
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I just did this class this morning, the instructor gave low impact alternatives for those jumpy type exercises. Did you get this option in your class??