Hello from Australia!

Options
em0307
em0307 Posts: 33 Member
Hello from Down Under!

My name is Emma - 36 yr old single mum of 13 and 11 yr old daughters - accountant - likes long walks along the beach - blah blah blah!!!

I have recently joined a weight loss program run by Michelle Bridges (one of the trainers off the Aussie Biggest Loser tv show) called 12WBT (12 week body transformation), and it is awesome!!! I am 4 weeks in and have lost 2.5kgs, and am loving the recipes that I cook (yes, me!) and I am actually going to the gym and enjoying it (shock, gasp!).

I use myfitnesspal in conjunction with this program which is fabulous. It has all of the recipes on the food database, so I don't even have to think about it. And my new friend call the heart rate monitor, allows me to then put in the excercise and calories burnt for the day. Does it get any easier than this?????

I cannot recommend it highly enough. And I believe that you can join her program even if you don't live in Australia. Look it up!!!

All the very best to you all and to achieving all of your goals, no matter what they may be!

Em xo

Replies

• JJ_Mamma
    JJ_Mamma Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new-ish to the site.

I'm looking for some friends as I really like the wall feature of MFP and how friends can encourage each other with comments etc. I'm from Western Sydney, Australia and need to shed 10 kilo's. I'm a bit of a "been there, done that" sort of dieter and really need to focus on just staying "there"!

I'm not sure how it all works, but message me if you'd like a new friend!

:) Jo
  • kimberlyran
    Options
    Hi Emma & Jo,

I am 40 yo mom of 2 little girls 6 & 3 1/2. I live in the Hills District of Sydney and moved here from Toronto, Canada 8 yares ago.

I am doing the 12wbt too! I love the program and am just started using MFP to track. I was using a different one before but this one but then my cousin in Canada said she was using it and getting great results and support from friends.

I love the recipes from the program and yes....how did we ever live without our HRMs.

Anyway...feel free to add me as a friend on here if you want to keep the support going.

xo
    Kimberly