In search of some motivation

Msaip
Msaip Posts: 482 Member
edited September 28 in Success Stories
After almost finally seeing 30 lbs total lost....I decided to switch to 1.5 lbs a week 1290 cals a day and 40-60 min workout a day. Eating Back my cals as close as possible. I don't have a hrm so on some of those workouts Im sure i burned a little less than mfp estimated for me. Anywho....the scale this morning showed me 2 lbs more.......bumping me back into the dreaded 190's that I worked so hard to not see anymore......I drink 3 liters of water a day! I don't know how/where I went wrong...Someone please tell me it's worth it and that I didn't really gain two pounds after seemingly killing myself!!!!!

Replies

• emswear
    emswear Posts: 11
    hey, its ok!!! weight goes up and down, and if you gained weight, it might just be muscle. try to focus more on how you feel and fit in your clothes than what the scale says. Try interval training. it always helps.
  • kbizzleoo
    kbizzleoo Posts: 114
    You've got this - don't worry too much about that...it could just be water weight!

you're obviously doing a great job because I see you on here every single day always making efforts - and it will pay off.

I think i spend 3 months in the high 160s before i started dropping consistently again. and I almost gave up. DON'T GET DISCOURAGED!!!

I remember I was sitting at the kitchen table with my roommate one time (who was tall and slim, played softball her whole life) and I was soo depressed...and I was like "maybe my body just CANT lose weight, like maybe it's not possible. maybe this is the weight im supposed to be at."

She was from Poland and has since moved back. She saw my picture the other day was like "KRISTIN! you are amazing! I remember all the sweat and bad days you had!" (she doesn't speak English perfectly, so it really cracks me up the way she says things sometimes. HAHA -the fact that she said she remembered all the sweat made me laugh soo hard.

Okay, WOW...I've been rambling on your posts a lot lately - I am SO sorry...lol
    and I just saw on my email that you just posted something on mine WHILE I was posting here, how funny! I'm going to go read it.
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Should I just throw weight training out the window and focus on cardio?! Maybe I should just lose all my weight first then gain muscle....Im so DONE!!!!!
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    No, no, no... It's just a bad week. You need those muscles. You're working hard - I'm seeing that from your posts - it's too early to give up. Give it another week or two. Or, go a whole month without a scale and just keep measurements.

Just keep up what you're doing, you'll be out of those 190s soon enough! :heart: :smile:
  • sms9497
    sms9497 Posts: 58 Member
    I actually gained two pound on my last weight in and was very discouraged. BUT, the scale is not the final word. I checked my measurements and I'd lost another 1.5 inches off my waist. Check your measurements - you may be progressing that way!!
  • janickc
    janickc Posts: 22
    Maybe it's sound crasy but i always get some weight when i will have my period wathever how hard i work! Dont' desapointe yourself, you are here every little day and you will get your goald, sometime it is just harder than we whish! YOU CA MAKE IT !!! hope you gonna have a good week!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!