August Birthdays Unite !! Check- In # 1

Options
Good Morning All.

Hope all is well.....This is the official Week One Check - In

What have you been doing to acheive your goals?
Have you made any new resolutions?

Well for me...I have surprisingly been consistent in my excercise and eating habits.
One resolution that I have made is I will no longer use the elevator at my job.....Any little excercise counts!!

Okay everybody August is approaching very rapidly...Lets make our birthday wishs come true!!!:happy: :happy:

Replies

• LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I will be 40 on the 29th of August and my goal is to hit the 50 pounds down mark by that date! Yep, you heard it here first :happy:
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I will be 46 on the 27th and I plan to be down to 145 by then which is my goal weight! I have been swimming for exercise and trying to keep my eating habits under control. That is difficult since it is BBQ season! Good luck to all!
  • Lets_Do_It
    Lets_Do_It Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm not in this thing, but I have an August Birthday~! I will be 17 on the 17th haha. I plan to be in the 160s or so. I have been consistantly losing 10 pounds a month so I figured that I would continue doing just that.
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    My birthday is on the 24th, and I'm hoping to lose these last 7 pounds by then!
  • kenyarb
    kenyarb Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My birthday is on the 30th and hopefully I will be down about 10-15 pounds by then!!! WOOP!! WOOP!!!
  • BGabbart
    BGabbart Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My birthday is the 17th I will be 48 and I hope to be down by 15lbs by than.
  • Paccie
    Paccie Posts: 47
    Options
    My birthday is on the 18th and I am hoping to be in the very low 170s or 160s. Also have to renew my license so I get to change my weight. Woohoo!!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I am lookin' to gain 5 lbs by my Birthday - in muscle gain that is... August 28th here...

Still at 120 lbs.

I bought new dumbells set - so I can add more weights on. I bought new ankle or wrist weights - I can make them 1 lb up to 5 lbs on each :happy:

Week 2 of P90X Classic is almost completed :happy:
  • deuce3Degotrip
    Options
    So far so good... I've lost 7 lbs so far this month.... 4 since we've started this challenge. I have 15.2 more to go by August 26th!
  • coultesr
    coultesr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Loving this group!!! Something about August birthdays... we are AWESOME!

What have you been doing to acheive your goals?

I have been eating clean. Super clean. I try to eat as many natural/real foods as I can. This has made most of the difference in terms of fixing my metabolism. I am also a little over midway through Rushfit (which is an 8 week total body workout... created by GSP's trainner). Rushfit is hard. Intense workouts 5-6x a week. AS of this morning I am down to 151.8...with a goal of 140 (for now). I started at 191.6 (Jan 1). I am getting close with the goal of getting to 140 by my birthday (Aug 21).

Have you made any new resolutions?

Just to keep going and not give up. After Rushfit (will be done July 9th) I will probably do Ripped in 30...and then go back to another round of Rushfit. This program has really cut my legs down!

Goodluck to all of the other August Babes!
  • coultesr
    coultesr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Geez, I hope I am not the August Birthday's thread killer! :)
  • lmr9
    Options
    So far so good... I've lost 7 lbs so far this month.... 4 since we've started this challenge. I have 15.2 more to go by August 26th!

Wow - 7 pounds this month - that is AWESOME!! :flowerforyou:
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    i will be 42 on 11th and hope to be at 140lbs so i need to lose 8lbs
  • lmr9
    Options
    So what's this challenge all about? Are we going to check in weekly or do anything special? Or just be here to support each other?

This is pretty much my routine:
    - workout 6x per week for 1 hour (boot camp 4 days, spin 1 day, and then running or biking 1 day)
    - eat 1,500 net calories per day
    - eat 5 small meals per day (I'm following Tom Venuto's plan that he lays out in the book "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle")
    - try to eat as cleanly as possible (no artificial sweeteners, packaged foods, sodas, alcohol)
    - drink 96-128 ounces of water per day
    - weigh in every Friday
    - I generally have one "cheat" meal per week - Friday night date night with my hubby! He's so supportive all week long - eating the foods I cook and generally not complaining about it - so we go out on Friday nights. Gotta keep it fun...right?...or what's the point! :love:

I gained 2 pounds this last week - so now I have 10 pounds to lose by August 24th. So that's 10 pounds in 9.5 weeks - I TOTALLY GOT THIS!!! :laugh: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

YAY August babies! :bigsmile: