Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I love the threadmill!
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Since you are a trainer, then you must know that everyone is different. The way you lost 105lbs very well may not work for someone else. Yes, mindset is a huge factor in weight loss and fitness, but making a post about HRM's being BS doesn't really have anything to do with that and if using one is what helps that person be in the right "mindset" then why try to nullify that? Not to mention, you still didn't provide any evidence that your original post was even accurate in the first place.
    I'm all for giving and receiving advice and constructive criticism, but your original post just came off bad I think.
  • kirkemorgan
    Options
    Since you are a trainer, then you must know that everyone is different. The way you lost 105lbs very well may not work for someone else. Yes, mindset is a huge factor in weight loss and fitness, but making a post about HRM's being BS doesn't really have anything to do with that and if using one is what helps that person be in the right "mindset" then why try to nullify that? Not to mention, you still didn't provide any evidence that your original post was even accurate in the first place.
    I'm all for giving and receiving advice and constructive criticism, but your original post just came off bad I think.
    I think your right, I am just amazed at everyone talikng about their HRMs. I'd like to know how many it's really helping, it just has "crutch" written all over it, but if it really helps, I'll leave it alone. I know it's imposible, but I'd like to see out of everyone using one, how many are winning the battle with their weight.
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not there are a lot of people on here that use them and are doing great. I actually just ordered one and I'm super excited to get it. I think they're a great tool for monitoring cardio fitness and getting an estimate on calories burned. Obviously it isn't 100% accurate, but I think it gives a pretty good idea.
  • kirkemorgan
    Options
    Believe it or not there are a lot of people on here that use them and are doing great. I actually just ordered one and I'm super excited to get it. I think they're a great tool for monitoring cardio fitness and getting an estimate on calories burned. Obviously it isn't 100% accurate, but I think it gives a pretty good idea.

Good luck to you.
  • kirkemorgan
    Options

Good luck to you.
  • goddesskde
    Options
    My heart rate range is 118 to 155..I primarily stay closer to the 150's when I'm on cardio machines or when I'm running I actually blow past that to the 170's. I really was more curious as to how hard I was working during some of the classes I take and when I switch to weights. I have learned ways to keep my heart rate elevated by alternating things like walking lunges and then something like bicep curls. It honestly is more of a motivator for me to work harder and keep in my preferred zone. It's not something I live or die by but it is a useful tool.