SLOW loss, Am I not eating enough?

Options
Ok, I know I am not the best at eating "clean" but I do desperately try to stay within my 1200 calorie limit. The weight will not budge. I exercise 4 or 5 days a week for about an hour and a half a day. Sadly not this week, I have been working on a painting project ( i do faux finishing) so I may not be at the gym but I am working and sweating for several hours a day. I need some advice on what I am doing wrong. I don't have a ton of weight to lose but I would think it would move at least a little more consistently.
I really would like to drop a few more pounds soon, I have a wedding to go to next month and in August I celebrate my 20th anniversary with my husband by going to Hawaii...I'd like to feel better about wearing shorts and even the dreaded bathing suit!!
I'm adding my starting weight and all to the post so everyone can see where I'm at
Thanks
Kim

SW 172
CW 164
GW 150ish

Replies

• rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? Are you "netting" your MFP alloted amout of calories? If your exercising are you eating your exercise calories? I asked because I never lose unless I eat all the calories back (minus 50-100 for any mistakes I might have made in logging). If you don't feed your body enough, your body will not allow you lose. And if you do, its not a healthy loss.
  • Tracihurston
    Options
    Hello I've started the weight loss plan also. I have lost four pounds so far in two weeks. I was told by a physician that everyday I should try to get my 1200 calories in a day if not my body is going into starvation mode and I'm losing muscle instead of weight. This way I will not lose weight as fast because of the fewer calories. She told me to increase my healthy foods such as fruit and vegetables drink plenty of water and excercise. Maybe doing this will help you, it has helped my sister and me. Have a blessed day!
  • maysflower
    maysflower Posts: 180
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? You have to eat your exercise calories for your metabolism to run efficiently. If you are not eating them your body may be going into starvation mode which is why you are seeing a slow loss.

Give it a try for a week or two and see if it makes a difference. Good Luck! (and congrats on your 20th anniversary)
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Check your settings. You might need to adjust what your activity level is if common for you to be moving around a lot during the day. In addition, maybe up your intake by lessening how much you plan to lose. You are probably at a 2 lb a week loss, but because you are relatively close to your goal, you should probably be at a 1 lb a week loss. That will give you more fuel.
  • goddesskde
    Options
    My calorie limit is set at 1200 calories currently and yes I believe it's at a 2lb a week loss. I try to eat back my exercise calories, but well, I don't seem to trust what it says I burn at the gym..I know it's just me being neurotic but I can't seem to shake the idea that I'm not really burning all that much. I bought a HRM and it says I'm actually burning more than the machines at the gym say. So I guess I need to eat more and try to steer clear of the crap foods that inevitably land on my plate on the weekends. I have 4 kids plus a husband that loves to eat so it's difficult for me to stick to plan on weekends. I always track the calories and try to stay within my range though.
  • goddesskde
    Options
    Oh and am I the only one that consistently goes over on sugar? If I eat even 1 piece of fruit it seems to put me over for the day. Is this something I should worry about or just ignore it?