Hrm saying I have burned more calories?

ajanmillie
ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
edited September 28 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all. I have had a Polar FT4 for about a week and a half now. Yesterday was my first strength training at the gym with a trainer. I did cardio after my session and my calories burned was higher on the same workout I have been doing for two weeks now. This morning my burn was also higher on the treadmill again. It isn't by a huge amount of calories, but it is about 50 or 60 more calories higher of a burn. Does this sound like my new HRM is not working as well or could this actually be my body burning more? Please help. Thanks.

Replies

• quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    I find that my heart rate is often higher when I do cardio directly following a weight training session... I think my muscles are tired and I have to work harder to do the cardio. From what I have read, it is better to do cardio after weight training for this reason! :)
  • purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    I don't really know much about this but I noticed that my HRM was also showing that I'd burned more cals than I expected but then I realised I hadnt updated it since I got it so it still had my old weight recorded in it.
    I wonder if this could be the reason?
  • I find that my heart rate is often higher when I do cardio directly following a weight training session... I think my muscles are tired and I have to work harder to do the cardio. From what I have read, it is better to do cardio after weight training for this reason! :)

You got it!, also the muscle gylcogen is burned out of your muscles and the body has to use fat as fuel.
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    wow, thanks for the help. I was worried about my HRM not working.
This discussion has been closed.