Carb blocker that works?

Options
awf2215
awf2215 Posts: 17 Member
Has anyone taken a carb blocker that worked for them? I only lose weight if I eat low carb or really low carb, no matter how hard I work out. Sometimes I want to cheat and have some carbs. I don't trust the reviews on websites, so if anyone has a good one for me, let me know! Thank you.

Replies

• Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    bumpin for later....I am a carb girl myself...interested to read the replies
  • tltadams
    tltadams Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm gonna try Konjac Root. I saw it on Dr. Oz. One of his viewers used it and has lost 50 lbs. You can go on his site to check it out.
  • nitashagarcia
    Options
    i have nutrilite carb blocker 2. go to amway.com :) 90 day supply for 40 bucks. it works pretty well for me when i use them! good luck!
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My advice is just to eat well and work out. You can't take a carb blocker for the rest of your life, you have to change your lifestyle, not take a magic pill, if you want your weightloss to last.

Think of it this way, would you let your daughter take a carb blocker? Probably not, so why would you put unnecessary things in your own body?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I am a low carb person myself and after talking to a bunch of people they suggested taking CLA instead of a carb blocker. A friend said it tricked her body into thinking that her protein was a lot higher than it really was so on days where she splurged on carbs for a meal it balanced it out. I just started taking Met-Rx Tonalin CLA yesterday, we'll see what happens. (Note that all of these talks were not with professionals so any advice should be taken with a grain of salt)
  • crobinson53
    crobinson53 Posts: 164
    Options
    My advice is just to eat well and work out. You can't take a carb blocker for the rest of your life, you have to change your lifestyle, not take a magic pill, if you want your weightloss to last.

Think of it this way, would you let your daughter take a carb blocker? Probably not, so why would you put unnecessary things in your own body?

Bingo.

Carbs aren't evil, people that sell snake oil (carb blockers) are. I have faith in you that you can eat anything you want in moderation and won't have to deprive yourself of things you love. You got this.