How often do you change the battery in the scales?

Options
and if the battery has been in there a long time - do you think it has an effect on the scales reading correctly?

I only ask because someone I saw today told me their weight, and even though I have a slight body dysmorphia tendancy, I know that I am slimmer than them - but weigh more than them and its really messed my head up. I can only come to the logical conclusion that a) they are lying about their weight b) my bones are made of lead or c) my scales are broken/lying and I am actually 14lbs lighter than they are suggesting based on this conversation lol!

Replies

• suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the battery... but people carry their weight differently. I went to Weight Watchers with a friend who I was sure was 20# heavier than me. She actually weighed about 10# less than me - but I was visibly thinner.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    With my scales, they'll quit giving me a reading at all if the battery is low. That's when I'll change it.
  • rhodenizer
    rhodenizer Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Everyone carries their weight differently and their muscle mass. I am tall and look slim so people say I could never have been 203 pounds when i was that weight. The battery can be the problem, my scale was showing me 5 pounds heavier than I was and new battery changed it by a little. Also if your scales are not sitting level that can have an effect, on the one floor in my house I weigh one weight on the other floor a little off. Cheap scales are not all that acurate either.