asking for some prayers

Options
A good friend of mine lost everything in a house fire this weekend. Luckily no one was hurt, but her entire house was destroyed. Please keep her in your prayers.

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    A good friend of mine lost everything in a house fire this weekend. Luckily no one was hurt, but her entire house was destroyed. Please keep her in your prayers.

Memaw
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Done.:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about that - how devastating.
    Hope all is as well as it can be.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    That's just way too sad.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear that.
    if she has a computer to use, there is a group on yahoogroups called "freecycle" you just add your town after the word freecycle. people in your town offer items for free. it all must be free. they might be able to get some of the items they lost until they can afford to replace new. good luck.
    chipper
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about that. I will pray that God will raise up some people to donate things to them and that they will recover from their losses quickly.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Done!! :brokenheart:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    So very sad. My prayers are with the family

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :brokenheart:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Coming your way....thoughts/prayers/good karma.

I'll second the notion of Freecycle....unbelievable what's out there for someone in need.
  • julara
    Options
    done
    Hope all is well
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Adding my prayers. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Me too. :brokenheart:
  • radelmeyer
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about that. Any other way I can be of help?
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    How awful I'm so sorry - :brokenheart:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Will be praying for them.

Has anyone started taking donations for them?
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    She's on our prayer list here too! Let us know how she does,K? HUgz! :flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    This is the email I received from my friend this morning in ref to the fire:

"To my dearest of friends and family,

As you know if it can happen it will happen to me (yea!!!!). This is to inform anyone who does not know and an update for those who already know.

My family and I lost our home by fire this weekend. Everyone is fine, no one was injured and we are together. We are working to get things pulled together and God has already blessed us in many ways.

Kristofer was home at the time of the fire and he was brave and very heroic in trying to save our home (We are very proud of him). Glenn and I were at work and JeCoy was out with friends. We made it home in time to see it engulfed in flames.

The exact reason for the fire has not been designated, but a direct cause was a turkey that we were smoking for a friend.

We are just asking for prayer at this time and as I mentioned we are being blessed from many sides, Red Cross came out and gave us the funds to get back some normalcy back into our lives - we have been able to purchase clothing and we will be speaking with insurance tomorrow to get direction for the next steps.

Please do not feel sorry or sad for us, as with anything - If God Brings You To It, He Will Bring You Through It.

God Bless you all,
    Petrena T. Brown"
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I love your friend's positive attitude! She does not sound bitter or angry at all! That's wonderful!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Okay...her email made me cry. Thanks for sharing. God only gives us what we can handle, even if it doesn't seem fair. Your friends are in my prayers and thoughts.:flowerforyou:

*I already responded...was looking for an update...thanks.:flowerforyou:
  • cecilsmom
    Options
    Father thank you that you are providing these people with help so they can get back on their feet. Father I ask that you meet every need. Allow the finances to come through so they can rebuild their home. And Father continue to give them peace in this trying situation.

In Jesus name Amen.