Just Getting Started

Options
Hello Everyone

I am attempting this weight loss thing once again. I have lost and gained the same 10 lbs for about 3 years now. I am now dedicated to achieving and maintaining a healthier lifestyle.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• vreining
    vreining Posts: 1
    Options
    Get in routine of walking and don't stop even if weight is gone, it makes you feel healthier and when I walk I just don't want to eat as much.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You are taking a step in the right direction by joining this site. It is a great motivation tool! Good luck to you and feel free to add me. I will try to encourage you as much as I am able too! We are all on this journey together!
  • TACanady
    TACanady Posts: 3
    Options
    My 2 year old will greatly appreciate the walking tip. He is always ready to go outside..lol
  • darkhorse43
    darkhorse43 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it helps to not make it completely about the number on the scale but to make the goal to be fit and exercise regularly.
  • chardawg80
    chardawg80 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone

I am attempting this weight loss thing once again. I have lost and gained the same 10 lbs for about 3 years now. I am now dedicated to achieving and maintaining a healthier lifestyle.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Try 6 meals a day, it'll kick in your metabolism into high gear and you'll shed the weight quickly...below is an example of how I break out my day:

breakfast
    Mid-morning snack (2-3 hours later, fruit/yogurt/nuts)
    Lunch
    Mid-Afternoon snack (same as above snack)
    Dinner
    evening (post workout - high protein, low carb)

My friend tried my six meals a day, dropped 7lbs in two weeks. He went back to three meals a day and put 2lbs back on in two weeks...needless to say he's sticking with the six meal plan