Pit Mommies... I don't feel good :(

Options
Whine on: :noway: Blech. All weekend I was just fine, and had some "me" time, and made chili, and cut the lawn, and everything was fine. I wake up this morning and :sick: My sinus were draining so much that I was coughing, and sick to me tummy. :noway: I used my allergy meds, including nasal spray, and eventually that subsided. Bit I've had a hacking, dry cough all day, and my throat is getting sorer.:angry: I took good ol ibuprofen for a splitting headache, and very slight fever... but still feel like :frown: :sick: Uck! :cry:
Well, tomorrow is a whole nuther day, and I WILL feel better. (Do ya hear me body? I WILL feel better, durn it!) Ok, whine off now , thanx!

Replies

• jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Whine on: :noway: Blech. All weekend I was just fine, and had some "me" time, and made chili, and cut the lawn, and everything was fine. I wake up this morning and :sick: My sinus were draining so much that I was coughing, and sick to me tummy. :noway: I used my allergy meds, including nasal spray, and eventually that subsided. Bit I've had a hacking, dry cough all day, and my throat is getting sorer.:angry: I took good ol ibuprofen for a splitting headache, and very slight fever... but still feel like :frown: :sick: Uck! :cry:
    Well, tomorrow is a whole nuther day, and I WILL feel better. (Do ya hear me body? I WILL feel better, durn it!) Ok, whine off now , thanx!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Awww ... feel better soon, Jamerz! :flowerforyou:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Sinuses R a real drawback from Fall. Hope U R better tommorrow.

Sorry I know I am not your pit mommy.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Aw you poor thing, you should just take it easy for the day. Maybe have some chicken soup. Would you like me to get a pillow for your feet?:bigsmile:

Why are men soooooo Whiney when they are sick?

Just kidding. My allergies have been the worst this year. Can wait till it freezes hard here so I can stop popping Zyrtec
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    According to the news this is the worst allergy season on record . . . sure feels like it anyway! I'd give you the little flower guy except you might not appreciate that much . . . :tongue:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    000200D8.gif

some bubbles to make you feel better! :brokenheart: :cry:
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    Thanx everyone! Ezzie made a delish dinner of crab cakes, and (wow) home made cornbread muffins! Plus some fresh cantaloupe, yum. I was gonna take a walk with her and dog, but just don't feel up to it, yuck. :huh: My upper respiratory still feels heavy, and like I got loads o' phelm in therer, and the throat is still sore as well.... think I'm just gonna read for a bit, then call it a night. So g'night all, luvya and germ free hugz...
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Feel better all my guys are sick with the same thing. :ohwell:
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    Is NO fun, thats for sure! :sick: :huh: One of the girls at the club told me that there's an Upper Respiratory Sumpn going round here, and I friggin believe it :grumble: Usually, I just laugh off this kind of stuff, but guess It was simply my turn (oh goody :frown: ).
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I think it's a bug going around, My husband brought it home about 2 weeks ago and I got it the next day...... just drink lots of fluids and let it go it's course. My doctor always told me it will take 7 days with meds and without them a week :grumble:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better, Jamerz!:flowerforyou:
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    Oh gawd, today is worse! :noway: I was up most of the night, and then gave up and went to living room to read about 4:30am.:grumble: I woke Ezzie up with my coughing and hacking, and mainly being miserable. :frown: So I'm going to see the Doc at 2pm (soonest she can squeeze me in), and hopefully get a fist full o' meds to get over this crappola! :mad: I hate being pathetic and miserable, yeck! :sick: :indifferent:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    So sorry you are still sick! Hopefully the doc can give you something to ease your symptoms so you can get some rest! :heart:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. My allergies were so bad a couple of weeks ago that it made my eyes supper sensitive and I couldn't open them out side and I had to see the doctor with the lights off. They gave me this thing to wash you sinuses. It's basically a squirt bottle and you squeeze the solution in one nostril and it comes out the other.:noway: Then some new nasel allergy med and some new pills. I feel almost 100% now
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I get sinus infections that mimic colds. Mine don't go away without really strong antibiotics and it sometimes takes 2 rounds of them. It is no fun! Good luck at the doc's and hope you feel better soon! Being sick is the worst! :frown: :ohwell: :flowerforyou:
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    Got back from the doc's ... and yes it's the creeping crud :sick: They gave me a respiratory therapy treatment in the office, which helped a lot, but am still experiencing symptoms. Also, gave me scripts for an inhaler, plus antibitoic, plus Tylenol #3. If conditions persist, or get worse, go back to doc, or if really wore go to hospital. I think I'm doing better now that I was this morning, so I'm gonna finish out the day by taking meds, lots of fluids (hey, beer and bourbon are fluids.... right? :drinker: ) and just plain old rest. Hopefully, tonight IO will sleep, and that should make a difference. Right now I'm awake (but jittery from inhaler treatments) but very tired. So we'll just do this one breath at a time...
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Got back from the doc's ... and yes it's the creeping crud :sick: They gave me a respiratory therapy treatment in the office, which helped a lot, but am still experiencing symptoms. Also, gave me scripts for an inhaler, plus antibitoic, plus Tylenol #3. If conditions persist, or get worse, go back to doc, or if really wore go to hospital. I think I'm doing better now that I was this morning, so I'm gonna finish out the day by taking meds, lots of fluids (hey, beer and bourbon are fluids.... right? :drinker: ) and just plain old rest. Hopefully, tonight IO will sleep, and that should make a difference. Right now I'm awake (but jittery from inhaler treatments) but very tired. So we'll just do this one breath at a time...

Geeezz--Tylenol #3? You must REALLY be sick! And, I thought you were just out for some sympathy and hot tea!

preachkittybmp.jpg
  • jamerz3294
    Options

Geeezz--Tylenol #3? You must REALLY be sick! And, I thought you were just out for some sympathy and hot tea!

preachkittybmp.jpg
    :laugh: :bigsmile: Luvya SR! Hugz! We just went for a brief walk, in 45 minutes I did 434 cals... and I am whooped! methinks it's time for jammers... and some Ezzie homemade chicken soup!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    This is seriously no fun.
    First my son, then hubby and now me. I have been sick since last night and I won't be going in tommorow either.:sick: :sick: :sick: :cry:
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    Wll, it appears that finally the drugs are starting to help! I did actually sleep (some) last night, which means that so did Ezzie.:flowerforyou: Altho, I still did wake myself up a handful of time, by hacking so hard that mu lungs hurt, :frown: and draining so much that I felt I was drowning in my own snot (really) :sick: But this morning, my symptons aren't quite as bad, altho I'm still forgoe the daily workout. (Wow, taking 2 days off from my workout regimen:angry: , I shudder to think about stepping on the scale:huh: ).Hopefully tommorow I'l be able top get back into the club, but I am trying to take short walks, and stay within my alloted calories. And hey, isn't being sick actually burning up more calories than your BMR anyways? (Not that I reccomend it as a Fitness Plan:noway: )