Sweet Potato "Fries"

Options
melissaovadare
melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
Everytime I make them, they are not so great :grumble:

They are always mushy, or stick to the pan, and I end up eating them with a fork!

Does anyone have a surefire recipe that actually resemble 'fries' ????

Replies

• princesspurple
    Options
    I cut mine and coat w/ oil and bake them
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    When you bake them bake them longer than the bag tells you, then turn the oven to broil for about 5 min (you gotta watch them during that time). It took me awhile to play with it to figure out how to get them crispy in the oven :D
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just made them tonight for the first time. I sliced 2 potatoes lengthwise into 1/2" slices. Foiled lined cookie sheet and sprayed with cooking spray - laid the potatoes out - sprinkled with some salt, pepper & brown sugar. Drizzled a little olive oil and threw them into a preheated 425 oven - 15 mins later with a spatula I flipped them oven and continued to bake for another 15 mins.

I really liked them and my Mom is staying with us for the weekend and she enjoyed them too.

My husband doesn't care for sweet potatoes so he only had a few. I am trying to convert him to slowly come over to the healthy side and he doesn't have much of a choice - he suffered a stroke on 10/27/10 and is making improvements with his cholesterol and sodium since he is stuck eating all his meals with me as his 24/7 chef - lol.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I just made them tonight for the first time. I sliced 2 potatoes lengthwise into 1/2" slices. Foiled lined cookie sheet and sprayed with cooking spray - laid the potatoes out - sprinkled with some salt, pepper & brown sugar. Drizzled a little olive oil and threw them into a preheated 425 oven - 15 mins later with a spatula I flipped them oven and continued to bake for another 15 mins.

I am soooo trying this!!!
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    You have to check out this link because you gotta see the pics of these sweet potato fries..They are amazing!!!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/11/baked-chipotle-sweet-potato-fries.html
  • H8T3D
    H8T3D Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Make these all the time..

Place on a cooking sheet, brush on some olive oil and sprinkle on some Rosemary, Sage, Oregano, paprika and a little salt and pepper..

I will cover with tinfoil and cook 30 Min's at 350, then uncover and cook for 10 min's or so to brown!!!