210 flipping calories!

Options
Okay it was my son's birthday yesterday, and I totally forgot to make something for him to take to school for his class (small town, 20 kids in his class so they all take treats, not sure if they do that in big schools). So I ran over to Subway and had them make a tray of 2 dozen cookies. Well not all the kids were there and he had left over cookies and I just couldn't resist. So then I get on here and look it up and one cookie is 210 flipping calories. That's just nuts. I ate lunch with him also to day so now I only have something like 300 calories to make it through the rest of the day. Why are those soft chewy cookies so hard to resist?

Replies

• Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Okay it was my son's birthday yesterday, and I totally forgot to make something for him to take to school for his class (small town, 20 kids in his class so they all take treats, not sure if they do that in big schools). So I ran over to Subway and had them make a tray of 2 dozen cookies. Well not all the kids were there and he had left over cookies and I just couldn't resist. So then I get on here and look it up and one cookie is 210 flipping calories. That's just nuts. I ate lunch with him also to day so now I only have something like 300 calories to make it through the rest of the day. Why are those soft chewy cookies so hard to resist?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Awww, I don't blame you a bit for caving in and having one! Chewy cookies are the BEST!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I crave them all the time especially the macadamia nut one...yum yum
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I used to work there. Those things are as good uncooked as they are cooked. Yummy. Must now stay away from Subway for the next week or so now that my mouth is watering.
  • amyjoh
    Options
    Macdamia nut cookies are the BOMB:heart: I too am staying the heck away from subway!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    A little extra time for cardio today1 :wink:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Macdamia nut cookies are the BOMB:heart: I too am staying the heck away from subway!!

Oh my...I want 10:bigsmile: ! <smacking self>
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I always say special days get special calories that I don't have to feel bad about - it was my son's first birthday this week and we had the big party. I ate all sorts of stuff and gave myself permission to have anything I thought I really wanted...did I go over my cals that day, SURE DID, did it derail my week? Nope, still lost and I didn't beat myself up. You just can't have "special days" every day! So YUMMMMM birthday subway cookie! I'm glad you had it and now it's over (but no going back to subway this week!!!)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    00020166.gif

may I have one please, miss.
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    00020166.gif

may I have one please, miss.

Awwwwww.......so cute. I'll find ya one....gee I couldn't even resist...so her's a few. Share with everyone else..OK??? ( That way we can share the calories too:smile: )

650ae1da-f638-4a57-8f47-509127bf969c.jpg
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

Yeah this are my favorite. That's why I got him the M&M ones, because I thought I could pass those up. I don't really care for M&M's in my cookies, but there was one in there with out very many in it and I fell.

I would have like to just exercise last night to burn it off, but there was just no time for it. My husband is the president of the Nebraska Teachers of Math *kitten*. and he was gone so I had to do all the chores and feed the kids and study with them. Plus I had bought a new colt Sunday and I had to mess with him a little because he's kind of wild. So I at Grapefruit and carrots for supper. But I would do it again for a Macdamia nut cookie.:bigsmile:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    All for the love of cookies!
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
    I say enjoy it if you really want it and be smart like you did after - it's all ok!