HRM Recommendations?

Options
I am looking for a HRM preferably under $100. I want something that counts calories that I can input my weight in as well. I am mainly working out in a gym and I do a lot of workout dvd's so I want to know that calorie counts are accurate. Some of the machines at the gym don't ask for your weight, so I feel like I'm not getting an accurate reading. The only outdoor exercise I do is walking a few miles a few times a week. There are so many HRM's to choose from I'm overwhelmed here!!!!

Replies

• marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    I JUST bought the MIO Motiva Petite. It tracks calories in and out and takes into account your age, gender, weight, weight loss goal per week and it's a strapless one.. which means you have to touch it to get your heart rate, but it takes like a second or two to get and i had a strap one before and it was just kind awful.. I just finished setting it up and i'm super excited so far. Bought it for $60 on sale at Best Buy.
  • sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    Options
    I use a POLAR FT7 about $75. I Love It!
  • hgmoore44
    hgmoore44 Posts: 43
    Options
    Heartratemonitorsusa.com has the Polar FT4 and FT7 on sale. I just bought the FT7. It was on sale for 82 but if type in "polar" for the coupon code you can get an extra 5% off. I paid a total of around 78 bucks. (Free shipping & no tax)
  • Skydemon53
    Skydemon53 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Polar FT7 and have been happy with it. I can't guarentee the accuracy of the calories burned, but it does take your weight, sex, and age, so at least I'm getting something consistant doing several different types of activities.
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am in LOVE with my Polar FT4. I think it was $80 on sale at Macy's. This is my first HRM so it seems fairly simple to operate and input my personal data.
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Oh if you have a macy's card you can get some killer deals too ;) I ended up only paying $60 something and free shipping.
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    I use a Mio Drive, it has all the features you want, calories, weight, gender, got it at Academy Sports $44.
  • CarlitaK
    CarlitaK Posts: 139
    Options
    I have the pola ft4 and love it!