Competition three-(for the month of October)

Options
COMPETITION THREE

STARTS October 3rd ENDS November 7th

RULES: weigh ins every Friday and set next weeks goals

WHY: for fun and support, or as some people say it makes us accountable!

This is the third round and we've had lots of fun and lots of success! So if you're in the mood join us and you don't have to ask anyone who wants to join just check in on October 3rd under competition three's thread:smile:

Replies

• kirstenkohn
    Options
    COMPETITION THREE

STARTS October 3rd ENDS November 7th

RULES: weigh ins every Friday and set next weeks goals

WHY: for fun and support, or as some people say it makes us accountable!

This is the third round and we've had lots of fun and lots of success! So if you're in the mood join us and you don't have to ask anyone who wants to join just check in on October 3rd under competition three's thread:smile:
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Yea for a new thread. LOL. The other one was getting pretty long!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I am all for new. I have been finishing up my "200 lb ", post and as of 10-01, I wanted to start something new.

Hey, can you start this on the nutrition and exercise??

I am working towards the goal of 150, but I would like to loose 7-10 lbs Oct, Nov and Dec.

I will aim for 7 lbs by 11-7-08
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Ok.. so I've been MIA because I was on vacation... :bigsmile:

I only gained a pound on vacation, but I REFUSE to log it b/c I'm hoping it will come of quickly as I return to my 'normal' way of eating... it was tough being on vacation, I thought I'd do better with sticking to my new lifestyle... but the beers and the ice creams just didn't help! :grumble:

anyway... I'm back! :drinker:

so.. same goal as last month... 1 pound a week = should be 4 or 5 pounds by the end of October!

yeah!
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i'm in!
  • BLammi
    BLammi Posts: 34
    Options
    Hey there!
    I'm back at it , too. Sort of lost track for the past two weeks (mental vacation) following the triathlon, but need to get back at it. My goal is to lose 20 lbs by Christmas - so that's about a pound a week. For October my goal is to lose a total of 4 pounds.

So glad we're doing this again!!!!!!:heart:
  • kirstenkohn
    Options
    Hey guys, i'm gonna take a break from the competition this month b/c I am trying to finish the edits on my book. i started it, so that if you guys wanted to keep it up you could. I'll be back next month with full force. Good luck! I know all of you will do great! See you in november:) (and cross your fingers for me that I'll get my butt in gear and finish):laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tjolin
    tjolin Posts: 1
    Options
    cool! i'll join the competition!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    ok, I'm checking in.

My start weight for this month is 129.4
    my goal is to lose one pound by next weigh in and keep up my 4X a week work outs.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    ok im here too

im at 145lb and want to be at 138 by the end of october, i will then be in the "healthy range"

my total goal is 20lbs by Christmas thats just under 12 weeks.

I HAVE TO START WORKING OUT AGAIN STARTING TODAY!!!!!! NO EXCEPTIONS OR EXCUSES!!
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i'm doing a 2 day juice fast for a little extra kickstart. that should help.
  • BLammi
    Options
    It's friday everyone - time to check in!!!!
    I wasn't going to do this because of the bad new - up 1.2 lbs (my excuse is my birthday party - but I need to get past excuses and just commit for crying out loud). :sad:

To keep on track - I now have to lose 4.2 lbs for next friday morning.:ohwell:

Looking forward to hearing your stories and for your motivation :bigsmile:
  • petunia
    Options
    ugh.. I've been bad about checking in... things have just been crazy!

I'm forcing myself to get back on track.. after my vacation I've had good and bad days, just having a hard time getting consistent again!

so...

Let's get motivated ladies!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • BLammi
    Options
    It looks like it's you & I, petunia! Hope your week is going well . . . big drum roll for tomorrow!! I'm certainly not down the 4+ lbs (it was Canadian Thanksgiving on the weekend), but I've been better & hopefully it will pay off.
  • petunia
    Options
    ok.. here goes...

I finally broke my plateau and lost another pound.. whew! I was beginning to think I was stuck forever!

I am doing much better now that I'm back into the swing of things from vacation... and thank God for Zumba... absolutely loving it and can't believe the number of calories I burn in just one our (last night was 650, and I totally forgot I was working out!)

anyway.. good luck to you, BLammi...

anyone else still out there?????????
  • BLammi
    Options
    Way to go!!! Haven't heard of Zumba but sounds great!

I'm down 0.6, which doesn't really count for much. My motivation seems to waiver - today I'm motivated and have done well - so here's hoping next week goes better.