friends who dont understand

Options
I have had this one friend in particular that thinks he knows it all. He's been my friend since we were toddlers and he's been this way forever. Gets it from his dad.. anyway, the guy is crazy smart, I can't deny that. He got straight A's in high school without opening a book. He goes to Fordham University now and he's tearin it up there too. BUT, he thinks he knows EVERYTHING and there is one area that I know I crush him in and that's nutrition. Well, and Gears of War, but nobody is better than me at Gears so that's not fair to include. We had plans to go out tonight and get some stuff for my laptop then we would have dinner. I told him id rather go to fridays than chilis because chilis might be the worst food on the planet. He countered me, as usual, and said fridays would be just as bad. I gave him some numbers, which I will share below, and he told me that the comparison must be wrong and its actually the same. He actually said, "thats bull****, they must be ****ing with the portion size". Before I show the comparison, I want to say this - I didn't let him persuade me at all. We aren't going to dinner, I just lied to get out of going so I could avoid further conflict. I research the hell out of every single thing I eat from several sources to make sure its what I think it is. Im not wrong, I know it.

Chili's chicken fingers WITHOUT fries - 1300 calories, 3770mg sodium
Friday's chicken fingers WITH fries - 554 calories, 892mg sodium

Fridays gives more food for a 3rd of the nutritional value.

Suck it, Frank! :)

Replies

• deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I have two friends like that - God forbid they end up in the same conversation. I excuse myself to the kitchen when they get into it. That's crazy about the two different restaurants' food. What do Chilis dip their fingers in - calories? Good for you knowing the difference and [planning ahead for eating out.
  • vthomeschoolmom
    vthomeschoolmom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Where did you get info for TGI Fridays? I don't see it on their web page. It is hard to imagine fries in anything and having it come out in the 500 calorie range.
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Grr the know it alls that dont know Sh!¥ just kill me. I think you are right about just dropping it and bowing out of dinner sometimes there are arguments that just aren't worth the air it takes to state your case. Keep doing what your doing and making good choices.
  • storyt17
    storyt17 Posts: 13
    Options
    Dude! At least you stuck to your guns and didn't let him talk you down! Way to go! I think everyone has those friends (I know I do) sometimes avoiding the confrontation is a better idea to save the friendship.
  • SMK715
    SMK715 Posts: 108
    Options
    I got the nutrition facts from livestrong.com - I feel as though that's a reliable source. They have a similar thing on their website with tracking food and all that. I think MFP is easier though. And yes, livestrong.com is the Lance Armstrong wristband thing website. Its a health amd fitness website. That's why I think its reliable.. I hope it is anyway..
  • nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    Options
    in my personal opinion, i don't trust anything for sure unless i see it on the official restaurant website. like MFP, Livestrong allows members to submit their own information, which never gets verified for accuracy, and i know from experience that some people submitting nutrition information to these databases just don't know what they're doing.