How can I be OVER in my calories all the time if I'm always

Options
124»

Replies

• Cathy_5011
    Cathy_5011 Posts: 78
    Options
    If you make different food choices you'd be much fuller. Like Oatmeal for breakfast, whole grains, lots of veggies and fruits, lean proteins, etc.

I agree with her. I (for the most part) eat filling foods and I am able to stay in the 1200 calories and I always feel full. Oatmeal and Frosted mini wheats have become my best friend for breakfest. Then I usually will have a lean meat like a turkey sandwich or chicken salad (no dressing) fruits and veggies for a snack then another lean meat for dinner.

Hope this helps
  • jmula
    jmula Posts: 38
    Options
    To the OP.
    from what I can see, your diet is bad. you eat a lot of processed foods. waffles, chicken nuggets, crackers? You need to eat "clean" if you want to loose weight. Drop the bad food and get on track with good stuff.
  • courtneylwatson
    courtneylwatson Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Years ago I worked in the daycare at a gym and started a lifestyle change/diet with the personal trainers there ( that I wish that I would have kept up with). When we were told to count our calories for a week without making any changes it amazed me how many calories I was eating on a regular basis (close to 2300). So when they cut me down to 1400 I thought that there was no way I could do it. Then they told us which foods we could eat with a list of calorie content. When you eat only good for you foods it is hard to eat all 1400 calories. fruits and veggies and lean meats are all low calorie choices. I was eating every two hours to fit in all of the food that I was supposed to eat, and I NEVER felt hungry.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone else here, but here are some substitutions to your food diary

Eggo Waffles - substitute a sandwich thin, piece of whole eat toast, or whole wheat eggo
    Syrup - all natural peanut butter, sugar free jelly
    Butter - piece of fruit (I top my peanut butter toast with all kinds of fruit, like bananas, apple, kiwi)

9:00 a.m.
    Special K bar - Maybe add a piece of fruit with it

11:00 a.m.
    Apple Slices
    3 Cheese Cubes

1:00 p.m.
    Side Ceasar Salad - make sure you use dressing sparingly, no cheese

3:00 p.m.
    6 Triscuit Crackers - add some baby carrots with it, hummus, laughing cow cheese

5:00 p.m.
    Cookie - fruit, nuts, yogurt

6:30 - 7:30 p.m. Boot Camp

8:30 p.m.
    6 chicken nuggets w a little BBQ sauce - substitute grilled chicken with pico de gallo!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I pretty much gave up alcohol too -- also eating 5-6 small meals a day leaves me feeling unsatisfied literally ALL day long and then I'm just pissed about it after a couple days. I only eat twice a day *shrug*. I know people say its bad for your metabolism and maybe when my weight gets down enough that I'm fighting off the pounds I'll start differently, but right now this is working for me and its satisfying. I still basically eat whatever I want for lunch (but as SOON as I hit that feeling of -- this was enough food -- I make myself stop no matter how yummy it is) and then i fill in whatever calories to dinner and any snacks, etc.

Although I don't really eat fast food or super fatty or sugary food that much -- I didn't grow up with it so I don't consider it part of my daily diet the way some people do. I mostly eat asian food, healthy-mex/california-mex, seafood, vegan food, breakfast foods (eggs). I didn't grow up eating the sort of standard american basics of meat, cheese, bread, mashed potatoes, and gravy so those aren't the choices I gravitate too and I assume that helps.

Also, you could try adding some lowfat/nonfat milk -- should make you feel fuller than water but its pretty low calorie. That is, if you are like me and not eating to a feeling of at least moderate satiation just pisses you off.