This might seem bad...but

2»

Replies

• Hey all, thanks for the awesome advice! A few notes I probably should have mentioned in the original post: I'm sort of avoiding fruits for at least 2 weeks and will be re-introducing them in 2 weeks. I am replacing all fruits for these two weeks with vegetables. I'm trying to rid my system of as much sugar as I can and considering fruit's high levels of sugar, I'll just have to put this off until 2 weeks from now. Some may disagree with me about this method but I've gone about 3 months without a single peice of fruit (imagine eating everything bad under the sun with no signs of any leafy, fruity thing for you at all) so I think I can probably manage for 2 more weeks.

I'm also broke as a joke (I literally had to live off of ramen and the like this last month because things were so tight). Although I would like to branch out and get a bunch of different things so I can diversify by meal plan a little bit (lean meats, salmon, etc.) I really can't at this point. To be completely candid, how I eat isn't the only thing I need to work on in my life.

But again, I just want to thank you all for your awesome advice and will be considering some of these options. :)
  • your count on 30 Pistachios nuts is off. 30 would be more like 200 to 300 calories.

I'm confused now; I'm pulling the pistachio cal. count straight from the search. I even looked at the nutrition facts on the pistachio package and 1/2 cup is around 160 cals (and I'm not even eating half a cup). Where are you pulling your numbers?
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Eating the same thing everyday is how you fail on diets. mix it up there are so many other tasty foods out there to enjoy.

I disagree. I'm a very picky eater who eats the same stuff day in and day out. I'm just picky. I've lost almost 60lbs doing that - I'm proof you can eat the same ole stuff and still lose.
  • Eating the same thing everyday is how you fail on diets. mix it up there are so many other tasty foods out there to enjoy.

I disagree. I'm a very picky eater who eats the same stuff day in and day out. I'm just picky. I've lost almost 60lbs doing that - I'm proof you can eat the same ole stuff and still lose.

Agreed. I don't really need to have variety to be honest, it's just a nice bonus. I also have been described as a VERY picky eater. As long as I like the taste, I can eat it all day every day. I used to do this back in high school. :P
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Eating the same thing everyday is how you fail on diets. mix it up there are so many other tasty foods out there to enjoy.

Agreed. I don't really need to have variety to be honest, it's just a nice bonus. I also have been described as a VERY picky eater. As long as I like the taste, I can eat it all day every day. I used to do this back in high school. :P

Maybe other people have issues with eating the same stuff day in and day out - but not me. I don't like to try new things - I have no sense of adventure when it comes to the food I eat. I want to eat the same ole stuff that I know I like. I'm okay with it and it works for me. :)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    People have pretty much covered the calories, but I would like to point out that iceberg lettuce is void of any nutritional value. If you're at such a low caloric intake, you need to make sure you're taking in nutrient-rich foods. I would switch to a dark-green blend like red/green romaine. Also, a multivitamin would be prudent.
  • People have pretty much covered the calories, but I would like to point out that iceberg lettuce is void of any nutritional value. If you're at such a low caloric intake, you need to make sure you're taking in nutrient-rich foods. I would switch to a dark-green blend like red/green romaine. Also, a multivitamin would be prudent.

I'm taking a "one-a-day" for women and I'm kind of using the iceberg as a crutch to get by (I prefer it over spinach) so I'm kind of mixing the two together and every day I'll be putting in a little more spinach and a little less iceberg until I'm not eating iceberg anymore. Thanks for the helpful tips! :)
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    People have pretty much covered the calories, but I would like to point out that iceberg lettuce is void of any nutritional value. If you're at such a low caloric intake, you need to make sure you're taking in nutrient-rich foods. I would switch to a dark-green blend like red/green romaine. Also, a multivitamin would be prudent.

I'm taking a "one-a-day" for women and I'm kind of using the iceberg as a crutch to get by (I prefer it over spinach) so I'm kind of mixing the two together and every day I'll be putting in a little more spinach and a little less iceberg until I'm not eating iceberg anymore. Thanks for the helpful tips! :)

Good ideas! I really like the bagged salad blends. I share them with my bunnies. :)
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member

I'm proof, too. I'm not a picky eater, but I like the routine of eating the same thing every day. I've lost 45 pounds in 4 months by doing it.
This discussion has been closed.