New angle for my awesome diet...

Options
I am re naming my diet and calling it "the real food diet". Its pretty simple really. I avoid hydrogenated oils (trans fats) and artificial carbohydrates. From there its just partitioning my nutrients based on the phase of my periodization. Right now im trying to gain weight so im eating a lot. Eating slightly more carbs than protiens and probably about 30 percent healthy fats. Whatever partioning I do and however many calories I consume day to day I can always say that my diet is "the real food diet". I like this name for my deit because real food is better for you, and its more satisfying than stereotypical "diet food" Blahhhh

Replies

• metalpalace
    Options
    I am re naming my diet and calling it "the real food diet". Its pretty simple really. I avoid hydrogenated oils (trans fats) and artificial carbohydrates. From there its just partitioning my nutrients based on the phase of my periodization. Right now im trying to gain weight so im eating a lot. Eating slightly more carbs than protiens and probably about 30 percent healthy fats. Whatever partioning I do and however many calories I consume day to day I can always say that my diet is "the real food diet". I like this name for my deit because real food is better for you, and its more satisfying than stereotypical "diet food" Blahhhh
  • froggirl
    Options
    the phase of your periodization?
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    the phase of your periodization?

Yep I'll second that and add a "HUH???":ohwell: :huh:
  • metalpalace
    Options
    In fitness and nutrition a periodization model is a design based around what your goals are. Typically you start out with a phase that may last a few months or so of conditioning the entire body and all of its systems to give you a foundation of being in shape. The next periodization phase would probably be something more task specific typically more power or more endurance. Periodization is nice because its adaptable and flexible around progress and goals. Competitors use periodization models a lot. Muscles cycle, they peak during a maintenance period which is crucial to coincide with major competitions.