Stretch Marks =[

Options
Last year I gained about 20 pounds really fast. Shortly after I noticed I had some stretch marks on my stomach and sides. They aren't very deep/dark, but I feel very self conscience about them. I'm so afraid of other people noticing. I've lost almost all of the weight that I've gained in the short period of time, but I don't see them fading.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get ride of them? Or have had an experience with them and they just went away?

Thanks! =]

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Try using some Bio Oil. You can get it at Wal-greens, etc.

Because you were not heavier for a very long time - the stretch marks should fade. The older you are, the longer the skin was stretched, the harder it is for it to snap back.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    maderma (sp?) works but you obviously don't have babies or are very lucky. Once you do you will wish for those lil one's you have now. Doens't help you now, I know. Try using Palmer's coco butter lotion (walmart & Target) they have one for pregnant mommys that works well.
  • bwyne03
    bwyne03 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I don't know that you can completely get rid of them without laser surgery, but I have tried both Strivectin and Mederma and they both significantly reduce the appearance! It kind of smooths them out. You can still see them somewhat, but definitely a lot less noticeable! Strivetin is pricey (about $75 tube) but Mederma was reasonable around $30 per tube. But like anything else, once you stop using the cream on a daily basis they come back. Good luck!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have them all over, they faded to a lighter colour then my skin but i am brown. I dont recall how long that took. I just hid under sweater for a long time. when i go to the beach now i wear shorts or a wrap until i go in the water.
  • vodkaswigger
    vodkaswigger Posts: 467
    Options
    sorry to tell you but they are permenant scars and can not be removed, they can be toned down with some over the counter products but they arent the best, everyone gets them at some time thru weight things or pregnancy, ask a pharmacist for some advice xx
  • lisa_milbourn
    Options
    Try Bio oil, doesnt get rid of them - but improves the way they look
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone I'm going to look into your recommendations!
    =] Hopefully they will go away or at least fade enough!
  • bigtree2
    bigtree2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can get Strivectin a little less expensive at Costco. It also works as a good wrinkle cream.