2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 tbsp. low sodium cajun seasoning
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

Instructions
1. In dutch oven heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, sausage, celery, green pepper, onion, garlic, and half of the cajun seasoning.
2. Continue to heat until chicken is cooked. Add rice and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add broth, remaining Cajun seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer and cook 20 minutes. Let stand for minutes before serving.

This was delicious and very easy to put together. This serves 6. If I added up the calories correctly, this should be about 285 calories per serving.

Replies

• rethun01
    Options
    Ingredients:
    1.5 cups Uncle Ben's Original Converted Rice, uncooked
    1 tbsp. olive oil
    .5 lb. chicken breast cubed
    .5 lb. Jenny O Turkey Kilbasa
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
    3 stalks celery, chopped
    3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
    2 tbsp. low sodium cajun seasoning
    1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

Instructions
    1. In dutch oven heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, sausage, celery, green pepper, onion, garlic, and half of the cajun seasoning.
    2. Continue to heat until chicken is cooked. Add rice and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add broth, remaining Cajun seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce.
    3. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer and cook 20 minutes. Let stand for minutes before serving.

This was delicious and very easy to put together. This serves 6. If I added up the calories correctly, this should be about 285 calories per serving.
  • toddtwo
    Options
    My wife and I thinks is sounds good? Is one serving about, hmm...maybe a cup?
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm. :tongue:
  • rethun01
    Options
    My wife and I thinks is sounds good? Is one serving about, hmm...maybe a cup?

It made a ton. My huband and I were amazed. I would say I had like 1.5 servings and I was FULL. One serving of just the rice would be a cup. Looking at the amount in the casserole dish and mentally dividing it up it seems like a serving would be about 1.5 cups.